• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In need of a local gunsmith

Levi

Can anyone recommend a Tacoma area gunsmith that would be good for a Ruger MkIII?

jt59

Can anyone recommend a Tacoma area gunsmith that would be good for a Ruger MkIII?

It may depend on what you need done, but I have used the one at Bull's Eye and am taking my rifles into the guys next to Mary's for some trigger work.

Levi

I recently bought a Ruger 22/45. I wanted to get familiar with it so I disassembled it and cleaned it. When I reassembled it, it wouldn't fire and it wouldn't come apart again. I thought I broke it. I was bummed.

After posting on here in a near panic state, I made my way to Mary's Guns. Why I chose them specifically, I'm not sure. I'm very glad I made the trip. The gentleman behind the counter knew exactly what I had done and how to remedy the situation. Turned out, when re-installing the bolt I didn't set the trigger pin in right.

He showed me exactly how to get it back apart when this happens and how to put it back together so that it's right. We talked for a while, I bought some magazines, and we shook hands as I left.

I took my Ruger to the range a little later and put two bricks of .22 into some paper BGs with no problems. I'd have to say, aside from the rather sharp learning curve, this is a great little plinker.