• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gander Mountain Bans NRA

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Eau Claire and Rothschild Wisconsin Gander Mountain stores have caved to WAVE demands and banned the NRA from holding previously allowed meetings due to the NRA's support for Governor Walker. When asked about the effect on this on business from gun owners, the Eau Claire manager is quoted as saying essentially he doesn't care, he has other customers. Gander Mountain management has made no comments about this issue. I will not not spend an another dollar in a Gander Mountain, Gander Gun World, or Gander Academy until they disavow the actions of the Eau Claire and Rothschild store managers.

A full discussion on what Gander has done is on the Wisconsin Carry Facebook page. Post on other gun forums and Facebooks sites how Gander has pulled the rug out from under gun owners. WAVE is dancing with glee on their Facebook page crowing about their "win". Apparently Gander prefers those who hug trees over those that put hunting stands in them.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.politiscoop.com/us-polit...in-pulls-plug-on-nra-scott-walker-events.html

When Politiscoop contacted Gander Mountain in both Eau Claire and Wausau, Wisconsin, managers were quick to inform us that the company was unaware of what the focus of the meetings were when they were scheduled by the NRA. It wasn't until citizens opposing Scott Walker inundated the company with phone calls and emails, demanding they cancel the event. The managers went on to say that the company has no political view on the Scott Walker recall election and that all customers are important.

[ ... ]

While it appears that private businesses are choosing to pledge their allegiance to their customers rather than Scott Walker, the NRA has decided that Scott Walker’s name is so toxic that in order to schedule events for him, they leave pertinent information out when scheduling their militant meetings. It is also a telling sign Scott Walker’s support is waning immensely, as you can see the attendee’s list dropped from 200 to “Maybe 50”. Along with Walker’s policies, his divide and conquer strategy is beginning to falter.

protias

Way to piss off your customers Gander Mountain. No WAVEr or Brady Goa'uld would even think about spending money there. Sounds like Gander needs a new manager.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Emailed Gander Just Now...No More Money From Me

I just sent my email to corporate about this. No more money from me.

Law abider

With the election looming, and I am hearing that Barrett may be 2 points ahead, The Gander mountain issue, and other places may follow, may be because IF Barrett wins he may want to reverse CC. Could he do it by Executive Order? I am not sure but he can sure exeuctive order CC to just our homes. I plan to OC anyway eventhough I hae a CCL. Now OC is constitutional so do you guys/gals out there think CC will be outlawed again:question:

protias

With the election looming, and I am hearing that Barrett may be 2 points ahead, The Gander mountain issue, and other places may follow, may be because IF Barrett wins he may want to reverse CC. Could he do it by Executive Order? I am not sure but he can sure exeuctive order CC to just our homes. I plan to OC anyway eventhough I hae a CCL. Now OC is constitutional so do you guys/gals out there think CC will be outlawed again:question:

The governor does not have that power.

NoTolerance

Gander Mountain--Rothchild
1560 County Road
Rothchild, WI 54474
715-355-5500

Gander Mountain--Eau Claire
6440 Sculy Drive
Eau Claire, WI 54701
715-834-4594

Gander Mountain - Corporate
651-325-4300

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
They have done nothing but raise prices, hire too many clueless employees, and pay their knowledgeable employees poorly. For those reasons and many more I started to boycott them two years ago and encourage every one I know to do the same. They still want to say whatever it takes to get your money so perhaps we should rename them to, "Pander Mountain"! :lol:

lance galloway

I just got off the phone with the manager of gander in Eau Claire he told me that gander did not cancel the NRA meeting but that when gander called the NRA to find out more about the meeting after they got complaints the NRA apologized to them and that the NRA voluntarily moved the meetings and that gander did not ask the NRA to move the meetings. He told me that the media is twisting this to make it sound like gander is banning the NRA he says this is not true and that gander supports the NRA 100% .

I don't know if any of this is true or not take it for what it's worth.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I just got off the phone with the manager of gander in Eau Claire he told me that gander did not cancel the NRA meeting but that when gander called the NRA to find out more about the meeting after they got complaints the NRA apologized to them and that the NRA voluntarily moved the meetings and that gander did not ask the NRA to move the meetings. He told me that the media is twisting this to make it sound like gander is banning the NRA he says this is not true and that gander supports the NRA 100% .

That's crap.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

paul@paul-fisher.com

Not even close.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

PQ36

Gander bad, very bad

For the life of me, I don't know why Gander is still operating. Must be propped up somehow with tax dollars?? I tried spending $1500.00 there in Feb and got a refund before taking delivery of the item. Shame on me for wanting a particular brand at a sale price. Shame on me! After being that foolish, I wrote nearly four page letter to which I received zero reply. Sent copy of letter to corporate after local store blanked me. Guess what? Zero response.

I hear Cabellas is opening this year in Green Bay. Can't wait. I hope they draw the last remaining GM customers away for good.

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to poor service at Gander.

Have I mentioned what a great selection of Scheels hats I have collected?

AaronS

I got an e-mail today from the NRA-ILA about the issue, and the new locations of the meetings. It would look like the manager you talked to was 100% full of carp. The NRA has made it 100% clear Gander kicked them out.

range rat

Eau Claire and Rothschild Wisconsin Gander Mountain stores have caved to WAVE demands and banned the NRA from holding previously allowed meetings due to the NRA's support for Governor Walker. When asked about the effect on this on business from gun owners, the Eau Claire manager is quoted as saying essentially he doesn't care, he has other customers. Gander Mountain management has made no comments about this issue. I will not not spend an another dollar in a Gander Mountain, Gander Gun World, or Gander Academy until they disavow the actions of the Eau Claire and Rothschild store managers.

A full discussion on what Gander has done is on the Wisconsin Carry Facebook page. Post on other gun forums and Facebooks sites how Gander has pulled the rug out from under gun owners. WAVE is dancing with glee on their Facebook page crowing about their "win". Apparently Gander prefers those who hug trees over those that put hunting stands in them.

Host Venue Caves to Anti-Gun Pressure and Cancels

Dear Wisconsin NRA Member:

Anti-gun activists bombarded Gander Mountain with bullying phone calls and emails regarding this week’s planned NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshops, urging them to cancel. Despite NRA-ILA’s long history of holding Grassroots- Election Workshops at Gander Mountains all over the country, and in Wisconsin, Gander Mountain has caved and canceled NRA-ILA’s Workshops at their Wausau location on Tuesday, May 15, and their Eau Claire location on Wednesday, May 16.

Despite these efforts to silence NRA-ILA and gun owners in Wisconsin, we have rescheduled these events. It is now MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER to take a stand in support of freedom and Gov. Walker by attending one of these Workshops. Show our opponents we will not be silenced!

We encourage you to join us at these new locations and prove to these anti-gun activists that gun owners in Wisconsin will not be silenced. Now more than ever it is important that you attend one of our FREE workshops and invite every NRA member that you know to attend!

Here are the updated details:

Monday, May 14, 2012
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
(NO CHANGE)
Stadium View Banquet Hall & Conference Center
1963 Holmgren Way
Green Bay, WI 54304
(920) 884-3159
http://www.theStadiumView.com

~ NEW LOCATION ~
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Cimino's Gun and Archery
N306 Tree Lane, Merrill, WI
(715) 536-1021

~ NEW LOCATION ~
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
The Plaza Hotel & Suites

1202 W. Clairemont Avenue

Eau Claire, WI 54701
(715) 834-3181
http://www.plazaeauclaire.com/

At these meetings, NRA-ILA staff will lay out our plans to re-elect Scott Walker as governor of Wisconsin and discuss how you can become even more involved with protecting Second Amendment Rights in Wisconsin. You will also get to meet your NRA-ILA Campaign Field Representatives Annette Olson (Eau Claire region) or Hugh Fike (Green Bay region), who will be working in their respective areas to re-elect Gov. Walker in June, and other pro-gun candidates in the November elections.

These meetings are absolutely free and beverages and snacks will be provided. The events will begin at 6:00 p.m., and end at 8:00 pm. Please make plans to attend and encourage your fellow NRA members to attend as well.

To register for one of these free events, please click one of the links above or call the NRA-ILA Grassroots Division at (800) 392-VOTE (8683).

If you wish to contact your NRA-ILA Grassroots Coordinator Miranda Bond, with questions, please contact her at 703-267-1183 or mbond@nrahq.org.

You may also contact your NRA-ILA Campaign Field Representative Annette Olson (Eau Claire region) at annette.nra@gmail.com/715-760-0665, and Hugh Fike (Green Bay region) at hughfikenra@gmail.com/707-217-2014 to volunteer to assist with our mutual efforts.

We look forward to seeing you at one of our Workshops!

Yours in freedom,

NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Will legal gun carry be permitted by the host and proprietors of these venues?