Thread: Virginia Open Carry will have an info table at Sheriff's Open House 5/19/12 11A-3PM

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Virginia Open Carry will have an info table at Sheriff's Open House 5/19/12 11A-3PM

Loudoun County, VA: The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) Eastern Loudoun Station (ELS) will hold its second annual Open-House on Saturday, May 19, 2012 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Residents are encouraged to attend and meet Sheriff Mike Chapman, Station Captain Allen Gabrielli and members of the Eastern Station staff, take a guided tour of the facility, and view Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office displays. Light refreshments will be provided. Last year, 350 residents logged in and attended the Open House. The ELS is located at 46620 East Frederick Drive in Sterling.

We will have a Virginia Gun rights table to answer questions about gun rights in Virginia. We will have my Virginia Open Carry Cards, coins and patches, VCDL Guns Save Lives stickers, applications, Pink Info cards and email sign up sheet and finally information on Loudoun County Friends of NRA, the September Banquet and the ongoing raffles.

Hope to see you there!

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Looks like VCDL is getting into new territory Ed.
    A VCDL table in the Sheriffs Department and Friends of the NRA to boot. Are all the patrol cars getting GSL stickers too?

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Looks like VCDL is getting into new territory Ed.
    A VCDL table in the Sheriffs Department and Friends of the NRA to boot. Are all the patrol cars getting GSL stickers too?
    Well Peter, last year we did it also. VCDL has pretty strict rules about anything being on the table other than VCDL material, so I would not be able to hand out my Open Carry Cards (which started this whole thing with the Sheriff's office). So instead, we are having a gun rights table. To hand out info on Open Carry, VCDL and Friend's of the NRA.

I do not think the NRA does much for gun rights. I looked at the friends of NRA program and it makes an impact in the shooting sports. I was convinced to start/join the Loudoun County committee. So far I have raffled off 14 guns in Loudoun.. and 1/2 the money we collect comes back into Virginia to support the shooting sports in the way of grants. Grants I get to vote on.

As adults, we know the value of the 2nd Amendment, gun rights, etc., but
    unless we transfer our enthusiasm, knowledge and education to our youth, the future of shooting sports and gun rights in general will fade away.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

LAST YEAR
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

I very much enjoyed 'working' the booth at last years open house, and am very much looking forward to this years
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    Well Peter, last year we did it also. VCDL has pretty strict rules about anything being on the table other than VCDL material, so I would not be able to hand out my Open Carry Cards (which started this whole thing with the Sheriff's office). So instead, we are having a gun rights table. To hand out info on Open Carry, VCDL and Friend's of the NRA.

I do not think the NRA does much for gun rights. I looked at the friends of NRA program and it makes an impact in the shooting sports. I was convinced to start/join the Loudoun County committee. So far I have raffled off 14 guns in Loudoun.. and 1/2 the money we collect comes back into Virginia to support the shooting sports in the way of grants. Grants I get to vote on.

As adults, we know the value of the 2nd Amendment, gun rights, etc., but
    unless we transfer our enthusiasm, knowledge and education to our youth, the future of shooting sports and gun rights in general will fade away.

All right Ed...which one of you was carrying the purse?

This one:
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    This one:
    Shame on you Ed.

If you come out today, and are carrying, refuse the free public parking for this event in the school parking lot next door and park on the street :-)
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

I would love to come, but I am spending the whole day being 'stage mom' at my son's school's production of The Wizard of Oz. I can't carry, of course, but I am wearing my empty holster (mostly concealed, though).

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

I just applied to work for LCSO last week. I'd like to work there even more now that I've seen how supportive the Sheriff is of OC.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -