• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8 Surprising Anti-Gun Celebrities

Animus

The main advantage would be to show them once and for all that the laws are for punishment of crime and not deterrence. When armed robberies and school shootings don't magically disappear, they'll realize the good guys need to be armed too.

We don't even have to let them win. They could easily out lobby us. What is our backup plan if we lose?

Last edited:

j4l

The main advantage would be to show them once and for all that the laws are for punishment of crime and not deterrence. When armed robberies and school shootings don't magically disappear, they'll realize the good guys need to be armed too.

We don't even have to let them win. They could easily out lobby us. What is our backup plan if we lose?

You are missing the point, entirely. Those mass-shootings, and armed robberies are precisely what the anti's count on happening, as often as possible, in order to "validate" their backwards logic of banning guns in the 1st place.
If all such crimes did cease to exist, by some miracle, a lot of those folks would no longer have an "issue" to be an activist about, and would stand to lose a lot of $$ and support.
Need any further evidence of this? Look at the last 40+ yr.s of NY's crime situations. Where Joe Citizen is forbidden-under law- to own and carry sidearms (unless they are super-rich, or a celeb, or a cop), and when caught doing so, are often given the maximum sentences under NY laws just for possesing, much less carrying one-if even they commited no violent crime in doing so.
Meanwhile ,Tyrone Shoelaces goes out and actually commits violent crimes with his guns, and almost never seems to be charged on the gun charges themselves...hmmmmm..

Animus

Nice conspiracy theory. If that is really how the antis think, they must be doing it subconsciously because I've never heard such things from any of the ones I know. That goes for 90% of the supposed "Liberal Agenda" as well. As a left-leaning person myself, I sure as hell haven't been made aware of anything of the sort.

Last edited:

Jack House

Britain, Australia, California, New York, Chicago, DC, Norway. I could go on, but it's obvious you're just a troll. o7

OneForAll

I for one am in awe, really? Most of these actors had gun roles in movies. IE: Rambo, Terminator, The Other Guys, Dogma,.... The list goes on.

Medic1210

I for one am in awe, really? Most of these actors had gun roles in movies. IE: Rambo, Terminator, The Other Guys, Dogma,.... The list goes on.

As mentioned before... That's why it's called acting... The only actress I know of that takes her anti gun viewpoint with her to the big screen is Drew Barrymore.

OneForAll

Acting is the wrong word for these folks, pretenders would be better. If your going to act it, support it.

ramkatral

He may be anti gun, but I still love ol Marky Mark's movies and will continue to see them. People are entitled to their beliefs. It doesn't mean I don't still like em.

Animus

If people tried to cut out everyone who held opposing opinions or beliefs, the world would eventually consist of millions of tiny little communities barricaded against reality. Life would be like those made for TV sci-fi/horror movies where people get stuck in a bubble of space-time where everyone in the town lives like it's 1950 and acts all the same, and they end up being a cannibalistic cult or something...yeah.