• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tuesday, August 7th, Port Orchard Night Out 430pm to 830pm

Vitaeus

Received the first e-mail about this event, if I can find a few Kitsap or other folks willing to come over for the evening, we can have a table to talk to folks and hand out pamphlets. The event is down at the marina in Port Orchard and there shouldn't be any issues with open carry during the event, since last year I discussed putting up a table with the Police Chief while open carrying. Whoever has extra pamphlets would PM me and I will see about getting together to pick some up and is there a table banner available? How does one get a thread stickied?

Vitaeus

Update

Here is a copy of the flier they just sent me, so who has some OCDO fliers I can use? I am able to travel to come get them.

Come and join your local Police, Fire and many other support services in Port Orchard for A Community Crime Prevention Event!!
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
6:00-8:30 p.m.
Port Orchard Marina/Gazebo Park off Bay Street

National Night Out is designed to:
• Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness
• Generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime efforts
• Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships
• Send a message to criminals letting them know neighborhoods are organized and fighting back

***Free food***
***Live Music by the Greenbriar Project***
***Many informational booths for you, your family and your neighborhood’s safety***

POPD 360-876-1700

Last edited:

Batousaii

I am free Aug 7 too. I am sure i could help down there if a table is set up. Also, GoGo, I work in Tacoma and could easily pick up the fliers from you and hand them off to Vitaeus since i also live in Port Orchard. I enjoy outdoor food/music events and it would be a fun thing to bring my wife for a day out.

;) Bat

Vitaeus

I am going to set up a table even if it is just me, the wife and my kids, but I would love some more company, it would be nice to show the folks that OCDO is just regular folks and that they are able to exercise their right to bear arms just as easily as we do.

Venya

Smack in the middle of our annual training ("two weeks in the summer"), but I'll see what I can do. Should be done NLT 1800, so I could maybe change and head straight over.

HotLead

Poulsbo

The wife and I were planning to go to the same national event in Poulsbo. I don't know how many Kitsap forem people live north, but I think most of you live south. It would be good to get as much PR coverage as possible so we will be in Poulsbo. Wish I could be in 2 places at once!

Vitaeus

Latest email about the evening, I will bring the table some chairs and if the weather needs it a screen tent, who all is able to stop by or help out?

We are just a week away! I wanted to touch base to make sure we are all on board with the plans. I will be out at the site at 4:00 to make sure cars are moved for set up. Please feel free to come out any time after 4:00. The event starts at 6:00 and goes until 8:30.

You will need your own table (s), chair and pop-up tent if you choose to have one.

Please let me know if you have any questions or needs.

Thanks and see you next week!

Officer Maureen Wheeler

Public Safety Officer

Port Orchard Police Department

546 Bay Street

Port Orchard, WA 98367

360-876-1700

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
I carry flyers in my car and will have a bunch on Vashon if you need more and someone can make the short trip over to grab them, or are taking the Fauntleroy to Southworth ferry to get to Port Orchard.

Two O six-two three four-nine two five two.

1245A Defender

well,,,

I am surprised that it is time now for this gig in P.O.

I look forward to seeing all my friends this afternoon.

did anyone call and ask the cops if we can open carry there???? hahaha just a little joke there...

Venya

I plan to be there for a while, at least. I bought a new Bianchi leather holster for the occasion. I don't handle crowds well, so no promises for duration of stay, sorry.