• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One GOP delegate upset over concealed carry ban at Green Bay convention. WTAQ.com

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2012/...-concealed-carry-ban-at-green-bay-convention/
WTAQ said:
GREEN BAY, WI (WTAQ) - The annual Republican state convention in Green Bay was held at a place that did not allow concealed weapons – and at least one delegate tried to change that.

Annette Olson of St. Croix County tells the Madison Capital Times the party is betraying its principles by banning concealed carry at its annual signature event.

Olson said the GOP should practice what it preaches, and let licensed gun-holders carry their hidden weapons in the convention hall. Olson sponsored a non-binding resolution to have future conventions held in places that respect the Second Amendment rights of those attending.

The resolution passed narrowly. This year’s convention was held at ShopKo Hall close to Lambeau Field, six-and-a-half months after concealed weapons became legal in Wisconsin.
http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loc...cle_6675ec02-9de1-11e1-a9af-0019bb2963f4.html

Last edited:

amaixner

I've brought this issue up locally a few times, but one problem is that the low-cost meeting places are often schools, and sometimes it all comes down to cost. Obviously, that isn't the case here, as it is not in a school.

MKEgal

"carry their hidden weapons"
Gee, can you be any more biased?
(Wait, try this: "tote their loaded hidden weapons")

So if they don't allow cc, OC.
But I'm glad they will have future meetings in rights-friendly venues.
Sad it passed to narrowly, & it's "non-binding".
Maybe they need some iron pills & cheese in their diet... :rolleyes: