Thread: - What It's Like in an Open Carry State?

Moderator / Administrator
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    8,722 - What It's Like in an Open Carry State?

Most people didn't notice the people open carrying. Those who did notice kept on walking.

Renton, Wa
    Good and well balanced article IMO. The comments are laughable though.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
    If she really wanted to do a story on open carry, she should have visited a state with more liberal open carry laws. My first 3 recommendations would be Virginia, Arizona or Nevada. I'm sure there are other states that would be just as good, but those are the ones I have personal experience in. Last time I was in the area, I couldn't carry in Oregon.

Jennifer Loren talks more about open carry

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    The local sheriffs play on the fear of the mythical gun snatch from a LAC - possible, of course, but only one documented case has ever been found in modern times that passed the test: No LEO's, security officers or military - can occur anywhere in the USA. The one case happened right here in VA - all others have been refuted.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

West Allis, WI
    I can tell you what it is like in an OC state. It is awesome!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Port Orchard Wa. /Granite Oklahoma

headed home soon

And up here in WA. state open carry is becoming more accepted we finnaly have most LE that knpw about it some are not sure if they accept it yet.
    But none of this will matter much for me in A couple of months as I will be returning to OK. where I grew up down in greer county (SW OKLA.). Any one on here live in that neck of the woods. If so look forward to having coffee in the near future.
    Now that the OK. Gov. has oked lic. OC are permits from other states ok to OC also??
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
    As long as OK recognizes the state you have a permit from you will be legal to CC or OC in OK.