• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newson6.com - What It's Like in an Open Carry State?

okiephlyer

If she really wanted to do a story on open carry, she should have visited a state with more liberal open carry laws. My first 3 recommendations would be Virginia, Arizona or Nevada. I'm sure there are other states that would be just as good, but those are the ones I have personal experience in. Last time I was in the area, I couldn't carry in Oregon.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

The local sheriffs play on the fear of the mythical gun snatch from a LAC - possible, of course, but only one documented case has ever been found in modern times that passed the test: No LEO's, security officers or military - can occur anywhere in the USA. The one case happened right here in VA - all others have been refuted.
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...e-suspects-had-felony-convictions-ar-1510369/

1911er

headed home soon

And up here in WA. state open carry is becoming more accepted we finnaly have most LE that knpw about it some are not sure if they accept it yet.
But none of this will matter much for me in A couple of months as I will be returning to OK. where I grew up down in greer county (SW OKLA.). Any one on here live in that neck of the woods. If so look forward to having coffee in the near future.
Now that the OK. Gov. has oked lic. OC are permits from other states ok to OC also??