Thread: How NOT to Shoot a Revolver.

How NOT to Shoot a Revolver.

Thumbs up

That's interesting. I've always known that gases and powder escape from the gap between the cylinder and barrel of a revolver, and I've never had a desire to hold one the way he demonstrated, simply from an ergonomics standpoint, but wow...I was expecting a few burns on the paper, not that!
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Very informative videos. Thanks.

Activist Member
    The more powerful the revolver, the more serious this is too.

.22lr might just burn you, a little bigger and it might cut you up.

With .460 XVR, it will take your thumb off.

Warning: GRAPHIC PICTURES
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../2313371/posts
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...6&topic=4242.0

The cylinder gap test video is flawed. While it is absolutely true that there is significant energy escaping the cylinder gap, the test in the video has the rolled up target paper also protruding well past the muzzle, which is going to greatly increase the side force on the rolled up paper. Even though you can see evidence of particles and energy hitting the paper where the cylinder gap is, the overall effect is NOT solely from the cylinder gap. I'm not arguing that the cylinder gap is harmless, but the video was a poor example of how it is not.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    The cylinder gap test video is flawed. While it is absolutely true that there is significant energy escaping the cylinder gap, the test in the video has the rolled up target paper also protruding well past the muzzle, which is going to greatly increase the side force on the rolled up paper. Even though you can see evidence of particles and energy hitting the paper where the cylinder gap is, the overall effect is NOT solely from the cylinder gap. I'm not arguing that the cylinder gap is harmless, but the video was a poor example of how it is not.
    Watch this video.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I noticed that as well and wondered why he held the paper so far up. In fact the first piece I thought he was actually holding it angled to where the front of the paper came across the barrel...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    Watch this video.

I actually really thought that video was cool! I saved it to my YouTube...I love those high speed cameras.

OK, if you don't believe the paper shot (of which I agree to some extent), watch this one.