Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Governor Fallin Signs SB1733

Governor Fallin Signs SB1733

The Governor has signed SB1733. On November 1, 2012, Oklahoma will become
    an Open Carry State!

http://www.newson6.com/story/1842614...y-fallin-signs
    Last edited by russcook; 05-15-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added link

Congrats OK!

Now if we can get OC in MO to be passed so our pissant little hooligan towns cant harass us we will be good!

Congratulations Oklahoma! This is definitely a step in the right direction! Now, if your neighbor to the south would just get with the program!

Open carry Oklahoma!!! Doin my happy dance...

Great job Oklahoma!
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Now we will need to start working in Gold Star status. I know some plans are already in the works, but the legislation will have to wait until next year.

Awesome, this is great news. When does the law come into effect?

Quote Originally Posted by DCKilla View Post
    Awesome, this is great news. When does the law come into effect?
    November 1, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by russcook View Post
    November 1, 2012
    Is there a BBQ planned?
    Last edited by DCKilla; 05-16-2012 at 04:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Yaaaayyyyy!!!! Oklahoma! Congrats!
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Congratulations folks! It's been an uphill battle, but you made it. Now to work on deregulating it a bit.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by oklaccer View Post
    Now we will need to start working in Gold Star status. I know some plans are already in the works, but the legislation will have to wait until next year.
    With the constitutional carry trend and OK's new reciprocity law recognizing unlicensed carry from states that allow it, you could probably just go right to that.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

While I'm excited about it I'm also bummed about it. I'm currently under orders till late Nov outa state but will be in Turkey come Nov. someone OC for me till I get back and can for myself.

congratulations on getting back some of your constitutional rights

keep up the fight till you have all of them back
    Last edited by papa bear; 05-16-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Way to go OK! Huge step in the RIGHT direction!

Congrats to my friends in Oklahoma!

Live Free or Die!

This is really awesome.
    Anyone else notice than in the last couple of years Open Carry has really progressed leaps and bounds all over the nation?
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Congrats you all,

Carry on !
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

WTF? A license to open carry?

A half hearted congratulations at best.
    Gun Control is Mind Control.

My Blog: http://zerogov.com/

Half hearted? Take that attitude elsewhere. Sure it isn't constitutional carry, but rarely are sweeping changes made over-night. We will continue to work to restore the Constitution, but it takes time and this is but one step towards that goal.

Howdy Sooners!
    Huge congrats and a tip of the Stetson in your direction from Colorado!
    While I am thrilled that you finally joined the states allowing open carry, I'm just a wee bit bummed that it won't take effect until November.
    I'll be down in Sapulpa on the 26th and 27th, and carrying concealed because the new law won't be in effect yet. I don't have much practice with concealed carry, so it is a bit alien to me.

Watching the debate on open carry at the news6 link the OP posted, there sure are a whole bunch of fallacies flying around fast and furious like.
    All them nay-sayers will have little to support their contentions, considering how many other states have OC and none of their dire predictions have held water yet, and the same will prove true in Oklahoma. It would be interesting to see what those guys say in about a year after the new law has taken effect and people are enjoying their rights.

Good on ya'll, Sooners!
    I knew you'd come through...
    Sooner, or later! LOL!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Half hearted? Take that attitude elsewhere. Sure it isn't constitutional carry, but rarely are sweeping changes made over-night. We will continue to work to restore the Constitution, but it takes time and this is but one step towards that goal.
    There are many states who arent classified as "Constitutional Carry" states but also allow OC without a license/permit.
    My state of Pennsylvania is one of them. Colorado is another , Delaware and West Virgina are a couple more.

Am I glad you licensed folks are able to OC now? Sure.
    But it still is sorta a half-ass'ed law.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    There are many states who arent classified as "Constitutional Carry" states but also allow OC without a license/permit.
    My state of Pennsylvania is one of them. Colorado is another , Delaware and West Virgina are a couple more.

Am I glad you licensed folks are able to OC now? Sure.
    But it still is sorta a half-ass'ed law.
    So then, should we have just taken nothing? Because that is the attitude that you're displaying. Sure most of us would have preferred no permit required, or Constititional Carry, but that flat out was an unrealistic goal this year. So we take what we can and then use that to build our case to get us on the right track.

No matter how you shake it, it is the licensing of a right. Much like getting permission to talk on the internet by getting a First Amendment license from the state.

If you can use this to build the case to go to carry without a permit, good for you.

Remember that a license means that law enforcement harassment and demands are built into the practice.
    Last edited by lysander6; 05-18-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Gun Control is Mind Control.

My Blog: http://zerogov.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    So then, should we have just taken nothing? Because that is the attitude that you're displaying. Sure most of us would have preferred no permit required, or Constititional Carry, but that flat out was an unrealistic goal this year. So we take what we can and then use that to build our case to get us on the right track.
    SB1785 is a reciprocity bill that recognizes the constitutional rights of those persons from AZ, WY, AK, and VT and will allow them to carry in OK without a permit. We will be using this as a jumping off point next year to try and expand open carry to constitutional carry or at least unlicensed open carry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast