Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC issue at softball game

OC issue at softball game

Hello all, its been awhile since i have posted so i figure id give yall an update. Ive been OCing everywhere without issue until yesterday. I have the recording here at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3loKreqKFyc
    I was at my friends softball game (Wenke softball complex) when 3 intoxicated men came up to me and started ranting about how its stupid to carry like that. I was calm and polite and dismissed them without issue. Then another man (not part of the original 3) came up and flashed some sort of badge (couldn't see what it was) and told me i was brandishing. I gave him some knowledge, and he informed me that police responders were on their way. While i was waiting for the game to finish i talked with a few people just kinda friendly chat. After the game was finished we were packing up and got in the car and was driving down the driveway and i saw 2 police cruisers coming down the driveway. Passed right by them as i was already on my way out. Response time of 45 minutes. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    ”To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    -George Mason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVeXbBdSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD2zsar7Ps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqkDABoddM

LOL, Michigans finest late to the party... Some people right?

Banned
    you should be MORE apt to carry a gun around kids. People maybe shouldnt be DRUNK around kids???

Just sayin'

The guy flashing a badge reminded me of this scene from The Andy Griffith Show

Barney- Well, who was frieberger?

Andy- Sewer inspector.

Barney- Well, I thought he was a sheriff or a state patrolman or something.

Andy- Oh, no, he just liked to wear a fancy uniform and a badge.

Barney- Well, the old buzzard, He arrested my father for speeding.

Andy- If your daddy had looked closer at the badge, he'd have seen a little manhole cover in the middle of the shield.

Barney- Of all the gall!
    Last edited by detroit_fan; 05-15-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Theere was no video, just audio. Is there something wrong with my player or is this a problem with the file??

something happend with the upload. it was just a voice recording but i added an image but for some reason it didnt upload it. the file shows the image on my screen when i play it but once i uploaded it to youtube it took it out. idk why
    -George Mason

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    If someone flashes a badge, they have injected themselves in a official capacity. Thus they are subject to all codes of conduct. Even if this guy was just a building inspector, etc... in almost every code of conduct I have read, attempting to deprive a citizen of their civil rights is grounds for immediate termination. It was clear his intent was to intimidate you. As to the why do you need to carry like that or here crowd, simply smile and say - almost everyday you hear or read about some nut who walks into a place and kills good people who thought they would not need a firearm there....

It is clear you posed no threat, why? Sane people do not walk up to a mad gunman & attempt to intimidate them, do they? No they run, or attempt to engage them in combat, none of which was the case here.

This reminds me of a bunch of drunk slobs I ran into at a park one day. Leader of slobs waits until I am with my 3yr old and says what kind of fu-king a-hole carrys a gun to a park. I pointed to the end of the park where about 20 of us were ocing.... he got quiet real quick.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    This reminds me of a bunch of drunk slobs I ran into at a park one day. Leader of slobs waits until I am with my 3yr old and says what kind of fu-king a-hole carrys a gun to a park. I pointed to the end of the park where about 20 of us were ocing.... he got quiet real quick.
    Oh, that's classic!! I love that.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Was the badge.....

Wait for it.........

A ...

Steeenkin' CCW badge?
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Also, you should have told the drunkards that your positive open carrying is far more legal than being drunk in public.

Haha, way to keep a cool head though bro.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Was the badge.....

Wait for it.........

A ...

Steeenkin' CCW badge?
    Him and I were sending messages back and forth during this incident yesterday and I asked him the same thing lmao
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Thumbs up

Wow, you handled yourself perfectly. My hat is off to you, sir.

P.S.: Your friend sounds like a good'n. Keep her around...
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 05-15-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

theres a million things i wish i would have said or would have done differently but oh well. The guy asked if i had a CCW and i told him i have a CPL. But then later i referred to it as a CCW >_< im usually really anal about that.
    -George Mason

Too bad you didn't call 911 yourself and file on the badge guy for representing himself as a LEO. Also, +1 on the previous comment about you being perfectly legal, but they being publicly drunk were not.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

well he may have actually been an LEO. maybe an out of state or off duty im not sure. i should have gotten a better look at his badge.
    -George Mason

and thank you all for ur support on this. this has been my first encounter of this nature. it was nerve racking but i stayed cool calm and collective and i knew i was within all legalities.
    -George Mason

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by insanebuddy720 View Post
    theres a million things i wish i would have said or would have done differently but oh well.
    Thats very very normal. You did a great job. I subbed your channel.

Quote Originally Posted by insanebuddy720 View Post
    well he may have actually been an LEO. maybe an out of state or off duty im not sure. i should have gotten a better look at his badge.
    If he'd been a real LEO, specially MSP, he'd have never approached you. MSP knows better. Any other dept., unless he was a rookie, they tend to stay out of things, and if they think there's a situation brewing, they'll call local LEOs, and let them handle it. But it's the rookies you gotta watch out for. They think they know it all, and they're out to save the world. Still, a real LEO would not have just flashed the badge. They'd make sure you saw it.
    Big Gay Al

"Response time of 45 minutes"

Another great reason to carry everywhere you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post

If it weren't so sad, it would be hilarious.
    Big Gay Al

I thought I was in for my frist encounter today. Stood in the check out line with a WV State trooper in front of me. When I truned and placed my things on the counter to be scanned, my weapon was on my strong side towards him, we were shoulder to shoulder. Not one word was said, just a nod from him and a thank you from the girl checking me out, well checking out my items I aint been checked out for years,LOL.

I hope when that frist real encounter comes I can do as well as the OP, good job.
    I am not a gun nut, nor am I a nut with a gun
    I simply rufuse to be a helpless victim, I may be unable to stop myself from being a victim but at least I wont be helpless

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post

this happened yesterday in Detroit, guy got into an accident, called 911 twice then waited for over an hour for police but still got has head knocked in at about 40 minutes when the other drivers friends who time to show up.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...it-20120514-ms

the fitting quote:

"There's a reason why people are getting CCW permits and carrying guns and making a wild west out of Detroit. They have to protect themselves. The police will not protect anybody anymore," he told us.

and to you insanebuddy720:

kudos to you sir for handling the situation in a calm, cool, collective manor.

Hevy
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

While listening to the recording, I thought you'd shot at some of the people there... until I realized it was your ring tone lol

Overall good job. Just to let you know, MSP Legal Update #86 did not make OC legal in Michigan, it just clarified their position. I'm sure you knew that, but the way it sounded on the recording may lead people to believe that OC was illegal before the MSP sent that Legal Update out. I would have thought about calling 911 regarding the gentlemen who sounded intoxicated (and the possible LEO impersonator). They did act drunk... in public... in front of the children and the impersonator could have been a child molester with a fake badge designed to get young children to do his bidding. Highly suspicious behavior if you ask me.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by eamelhorn View Post
    I thought I was in for my frist encounter today. Stood in the check out line with a WV State trooper in front of me. When I truned and placed my things on the counter to be scanned, my weapon was on my strong side towards him, we were shoulder to shoulder. Not one word was said, just a nod from him and a thank you from the girl checking me out, well checking out my items I aint been checked out for years,LOL.

I hope when that frist real encounter comes I can do as well as the OP, good job.
    For some odd reason, all my encounters with police have been when I was on my way to work, or on my way home from work, so I was wearing my security uniform, so naturally, they never said anything.

So I'm still waiting for my first OC encounter with a LEO. Based on the way they've been trained around here, I'll probably wait a long time, or have to leave the area before it happens.
    Big Gay Al

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    While listening to the recording, I thought you'd shot at some of the people there... until I realized it was your ring tone lol

I would have thought about calling 911 regarding the gentlemen who sounded intoxicated (and the possible LEO impersonator). They did act drunk... in public... in front of the children and the impersonator could have been a child molester with a fake badge designed to get young children to do his bidding. Highly suspicious behavior if you ask me.

Big 10-4 on that one... those guys sounded VERY intoxicated. If you could tell they were hammered just by the audio... oh, and the fact that they were full of liquid courage... Definately would have been funny to tturn the tables on them. "there's little kids around here".... Yeah, well maybe you shouldn't be sh*tfaced drunk and swearing like a sailor around the little kids either, OR DRIVE THEM HOME....
    Last edited by HKcarrier; 05-16-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast