• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC issue at softball game

insanebuddy720

Hello all, its been awhile since i have posted so i figure id give yall an update. Ive been OCing everywhere without issue until yesterday. I have the recording here at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3loKreqKFyc
I was at my friends softball game (Wenke softball complex) when 3 intoxicated men came up to me and started ranting about how its stupid to carry like that. I was calm and polite and dismissed them without issue. Then another man (not part of the original 3) came up and flashed some sort of badge (couldn't see what it was) and told me i was brandishing. I gave him some knowledge, and he informed me that police responders were on their way. While i was waiting for the game to finish i talked with a few people just kinda friendly chat. After the game was finished we were packing up and got in the car and was driving down the driveway and i saw 2 police cruisers coming down the driveway. Passed right by them as i was already on my way out. Response time of 45 minutes. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

detroit_fan

The guy flashing a badge reminded me of this scene from The Andy Griffith Show

Barney- Well, who was frieberger?

Andy- Sewer inspector.

Barney- Well, I thought he was a sheriff or a state patrolman or something.

Andy- Oh, no, he just liked to wear a fancy uniform and a badge.

Barney- Well, the old buzzard, He arrested my father for speeding.

Andy- If your daddy had looked closer at the badge, he'd have seen a little manhole cover in the middle of the shield.

Barney- Of all the gall!

Last edited:

Irish.40

Theere was no video, just audio. Is there something wrong with my player or is this a problem with the file??

insanebuddy720

something happend with the upload. it was just a voice recording but i added an image but for some reason it didnt upload it. the file shows the image on my screen when i play it but once i uploaded it to youtube it took it out. idk why

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
If someone flashes a badge, they have injected themselves in a official capacity. Thus they are subject to all codes of conduct. Even if this guy was just a building inspector, etc... in almost every code of conduct I have read, attempting to deprive a citizen of their civil rights is grounds for immediate termination. It was clear his intent was to intimidate you. As to the why do you need to carry like that or here crowd, simply smile and say - almost everyday you hear or read about some nut who walks into a place and kills good people who thought they would not need a firearm there....

It is clear you posed no threat, why? Sane people do not walk up to a mad gunman & attempt to intimidate them, do they? No they run, or attempt to engage them in combat, none of which was the case here.

This reminds me of a bunch of drunk slobs I ran into at a park one day. Leader of slobs waits until I am with my 3yr old and says what kind of fu-king a-hole carrys a gun to a park. I pointed to the end of the park where about 20 of us were ocing.... he got quiet real quick.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
This reminds me of a bunch of drunk slobs I ran into at a park one day. Leader of slobs waits until I am with my 3yr old and says what kind of fu-king a-hole carrys a gun to a park. I pointed to the end of the park where about 20 of us were ocing.... he got quiet real quick.
Oh, that's classic!! I love that. :D

B

Bikenut

Was the badge.....

Wait for it.........

A ...

Steeenkin' CCW badge?

Yance

Also, you should have told the drunkards that your positive open carrying is far more legal than being drunk in public.

Haha, way to keep a cool head though bro.

ManInBlack

Wow, you handled yourself perfectly. My hat is off to you, sir.

P.S.: Your friend sounds like a good'n. Keep her around... ;)

Last edited:

insanebuddy720

theres a million things i wish i would have said or would have done differently but oh well. The guy asked if i had a CCW and i told him i have a CPL. But then later i referred to it as a CCW >_< im usually really anal about that. :banghead:

griffin

Too bad you didn't call 911 yourself and file on the badge guy for representing himself as a LEO. Also, +1 on the previous comment about you being perfectly legal, but they being publicly drunk were not.

insanebuddy720

well he may have actually been an LEO. maybe an out of state or off duty im not sure. i should have gotten a better look at his badge.:eek:

insanebuddy720

and thank you all for ur support on this. this has been my first encounter of this nature. it was nerve racking but i stayed cool calm and collective and i knew i was within all legalities.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
well he may have actually been an LEO. maybe an out of state or off duty im not sure. i should have gotten a better look at his badge.:eek:
If he'd been a real LEO, specially MSP, he'd have never approached you. MSP knows better. Any other dept., unless he was a rookie, they tend to stay out of things, and if they think there's a situation brewing, they'll call local LEOs, and let them handle it. But it's the rookies you gotta watch out for. They think they know it all, and they're out to save the world. Still, a real LEO would not have just flashed the badge. They'd make sure you saw it.