Thread: Oklahoma passes Open Carry

Monroe, Michigan, USA

Oklahoma passes Open Carry

Gov. Mary Fallin signed Senate Bill 1733 into law Tuesday, allowing Oklahomans to openly carry firearms.

The bill permits licensed individuals to openly carry a weapon or conceal it. It also allows property owners to openly carry a firearm on their property without a concealed carry permit for the purpose of self-defense.

As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and a gun owner myself, Im happy to sign this bill into law and grant law-abiding citizens the ability to openly carry firearms, Fallin said.

If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Okemos, MI

OCDO needs to update their OC map.
    Last edited by griffin; 05-15-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

Battle Creek, MI
    +1 for the good guys!!!!!
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Congrats to Oklahoma!

Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

OCDO needs to update their OC map.
    SECTION 93. This act shall become effective November 1, 2012.

Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.