Thread: OC Lunch and Fun Shoot Saturday June 23rd

Cool OC Lunch and Fun Shoot Saturday June 23rd

Michigan Open Carry is inviting you to join us for an open carry lunch on Saturday June 23rd followed by a fun shoot at freedom firearms. The details are below:

We will be meeting at Sir Pizza at 3pm to eat, they are located at:

198 Vale Street
    Battle Creek, MI 49014

Sir Pizza here in Battle Creek has hosted us once before and they were very happy to have us there and showed their support not only for the right to bear arms but for the open carry of those arms as well. They are excited to have us back and are looking forward to it.

Around 4:45pm after our bellies are full we will make the short drive to Freedom Firearms located at:

539 Capital Avenue SW
    Battle Creek, MI 49015

I spoke with the owner and we struck a deal, while attending with MOC, if you buy 2 boxes of range ammo you will receive 50% off of your range time. They also have the largest selection of range guns in the area so if you had something you've been looking at and wanted to try, most likely, if its a pistol, they have it for you to shoot.

Once we get there we will have a short safety briefing about the range rules just to make sure everyone is safe, then anyone that wants to shoot can do so or you are free to shop around. MOC leadership will be in attendance to answer any questions that you have about open carry.

This event is open to the public and you need not be a member to join us in the festivities. If you want to know more about open carry and exercising your right to bear arms please feel free to join us and bring any guests you would like. If you have any questions please feel free to email ayancer@miopencarry.org or swregion@miopencarry.org
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Great idea yance. +1 :thumbup:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Great idea yance. +1 :thumbup:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    You hit the nail on the head Glock. Case in point, the City of Chicago and the State of Illinois - two black eyes on the face of freedom.

Bump for new eyes.

about 2 1/2 weeks until the 23rd, still time left to put it on your calendar and make plans to attend!
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Bump, a week and a half away, hope some of you can still make plans to make it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post
    Bump, a week and a half away, hope some of you can still make plans to make it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    btt

5 days
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Just in case anyone was wondering, children are welcome at these events, they will need to be supervised while on the shooting range, so if you have any children and were hesitant about coming feel free to bring them along. If you have any questions let me know.

Well you guys have fun! I will be working on my brothers house Sat.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I should be there. Bringing the wife, she loves indoor ranges.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Also looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

See you all in a few hours

Won't make it in time for dinner but will be at the range about 4:45. See y'all soon.