Thread: Where You Can Openly Carry W/O Permit?

Where You Can Openly Carry W/O Permit?

I live here in Oklahoma where Open Carry has just passed. I am currently watching a T.V. station and a news update (Local FOX 25 News here in Oklahoma City) for the 9:00 PM news broadcast has come on twice saying "Were you can openly carry without a permit". Does anyone know what this means? I would assume one would need a permit to open carry anywhere unless on your own private property. Am I missing something here? I am definitely going to be tuning into the 9:00 PM FOX 25 news broadcast to here what this is all about and I will post my findings.

Thanks,

Brian

Herr Heckler Koch
    Wisconsin

Brian,

How about heading over to the Oklahoma subforum and reading up on this law that will not even take effect for 6 months?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Nevada
    Hoka hey

Colorado, with the exception of the liberal cesspool that is Denver.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

Pennsylvania is OPEN CARRY without a permit. But you do need one if you are in your car or in the city of Philadelphia. But if you have an LTCF (license to carry firearms), then you can carry anywhere, OC or CC, in your car, Philly, wherever. Except of course, the usual places, Federal buildings, post offices, courthouses, schools, etc................Have you checked out the MAPS section of OCDO's homepage? There is a lot of helpful info there.
    Last edited by hjmoosejaw; 05-20-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    watch your top knot !

Arizona has constitutional carry. No permit is required to CC or OC.
    If you are entering place that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises, you must CC and have a valid permit.

Thumbs up

You can open carry in Idaho without a permit anywhere except a K-12 school. Outside city limits, you can OC or CC in your car without a permit; inside city limits, you need a permit to have a concealed loaded weapon. You can also have a chambered long gun in your vehicle without a permit, so long as it in plain sight.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Utah, without one in the pipe (no live round in the path of the firing pin, 2 mechanical actions from firing). If you have a CC permit you can OC with one in the pipe.

The standard exceptions apply: no secure areas in jails, mental institutions, courts, and federal law restricts properly posted federal property, and school zones (a residential permit from the state the school is in exempts this).

Michigan if you are resident.

But note once you get in a vehicle it is considered concealed even if it was sitting on the dash. Then you have to separate the gun and the ammo and place it where it is not readily accessible.

Also a atv is considered a vehicle so you have to have a concealed pistol license.

Eric
    Last edited by ecbaatz; 10-13-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Louisiana is open carry without a permit. Permit is only for conceal carry.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

In North Carolina you can Open Carry without a permit.

Quote Originally Posted by moonie View Post
    In North Carolina you can Open Carry without a permit.
    All Day long, and LEO's don't ever have to know about it, well other than the Plain View Clause. But OC is free and CC costs between $150 and $200, so i'm gonna continue to OC... I love North Carolina.

It would be most easy to look at the map. But let me add the Great State of Washington, no permission to OC, concealed does require a CPL(conpistlic).
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    It would be most easy to look at the map. But let me add the Great State of Washington, no permission to OC, concealed does require a CPL(conpistlic).
    By my last count,,, yes I looked up each state and made a chart...

"All of us" that are of legal age, that age veries by state, that are not prohibited from owning fire arms, Can legally...
    Open Carry a properly holstered fire arm in,,,, 29 States,,, reguardless of your state of residense, without any kind of permission slip!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!