Thread: O'Reilly Auto Parts changes policy of carrying firearms

O'Reilly Auto Parts changes policy of carrying firearms

My manager informed me today that O'Reilly was now allowing customers to carry on store property. Just thought I would bring this to everone's attention.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody762 View Post
    My manager informed me today that O'Reilly was now allowing customers to carry on store property. Just thought I would bring this to everone's attention.
    Thanks for the tip. Could you find out if they will be posting this on their corporate web page? We have lot's of them here in Michigan and our members would be happy to bring business their way once this can be confirmed. We are hardcore here, no 2A for us, no $$ for you. :sly:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Could you find out if they will be posting this on their corporate web page? We have lot's of them here in Michigan and our members would be happy to bring business their way once this can be confirmed. We are hardcore here, no 2A for us, no $$ for you. :sly:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    I can find out tomorrow, but she was informed through an email from the corporate office so it should be posted but will check it out for sure. And I agree with you completely. I am the only employee who carries and I let them know that disarming our customers leads to boycotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody762 View Post
    I have always Open Carried while shopping at O'Reilly's. No one has ever said a word to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim40Cal View Post
    I have always Open Carried while shopping at O'Reilly's. No one has ever said a word to me...
    I think it just depends on location, because by policy they didn't allow it. But I always carry into my store and the St. Joseph store and I never had anything mentioned to me either.

No OC issues here. None of the stores are posted either.

OC'd many times in my local OReillys; never a word.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

While I have not OCed to O'reillys in the Rolla STJ area, while I lived in Fulton I did OC several times into O'reillys and never had a problem. Even talked to a couple of the guys that worked there about what I was carrying and the legalities of OCing. But knowing what corporate has to say about it would be nice...
    Last edited by BOOMcat12B; 05-18-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMcat12B View Post
    While I have not OCed to O'reillys in the Rolla STJ area, while I lived in Fulton I did OC several times into O'reillys and never had a problem. Even talked to a couple of the guys that worked there about what I was carrying and the legalities of OCing. But knowing what corporate has to say about it would be nice...
    I cannot find any info on their corporate web page regarding this so I will shoot them an email on Monday. Most O'Reilly stores, I am sure wouldn't mind people carrying but from corporate's standpoint they had a policy against it and have now lifted that.

Have been Open Carrying at the Lees Summit locations for years with never a question or problem, the only questions I have been asked were by other customers in the store.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.