• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

O'Reilly Auto Parts changes policy of carrying firearms

Cody762

My manager informed me today that O'Reilly was now allowing customers to carry on store property. Just thought I would bring this to everone's attention.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
My manager informed me today that O'Reilly was now allowing customers to carry on store property. Just thought I would bring this to everone's attention.

Thanks for the tip. Could you find out if they will be posting this on their corporate web page? We have lot's of them here in Michigan and our members would be happy to bring business their way once this can be confirmed. We are hardcore here, no 2A for us, no $$ for you. :sly:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Cody762

Thanks for the tip. Could you find out if they will be posting this on their corporate web page? We have lot's of them here in Michigan and our members would be happy to bring business their way once this can be confirmed. We are hardcore here, no 2A for us, no $$ for you. :sly:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

I can find out tomorrow, but she was informed through an email from the corporate office so it should be posted but will check it out for sure. And I agree with you completely. I am the only employee who carries and I let them know that disarming our customers leads to boycotting.

Cody762

I have always Open Carried while shopping at O'Reilly's. No one has ever said a word to me...

I think it just depends on location, because by policy they didn't allow it. But I always carry into my store and the St. Joseph store and I never had anything mentioned to me either.

Redbaron007

No OC issues here. None of the stores are posted either.

OC'd many times in my local OReillys; never a word.

BOOMcat12B

While I have not OCed to O'reillys in the Rolla STJ area, while I lived in Fulton I did OC several times into O'reillys and never had a problem. Even talked to a couple of the guys that worked there about what I was carrying and the legalities of OCing. But knowing what corporate has to say about it would be nice...

Last edited:

Cody762

While I have not OCed to O'reillys in the Rolla STJ area, while I lived in Fulton I did OC several times into O'reillys and never had a problem. Even talked to a couple of the guys that worked there about what I was carrying and the legalities of OCing. But knowing what corporate has to say about it would be nice...

I cannot find any info on their corporate web page regarding this so I will shoot them an email on Monday. Most O'Reilly stores, I am sure wouldn't mind people carrying but from corporate's standpoint they had a policy against it and have now lifted that.

Richieg150

Have been Open Carrying at the Lees Summit locations for years with never a question or problem, the only questions I have been asked were by other customers in the store.