Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Trayvon Martin Shooting

Animus, why aren't you testifying as an expert witness for the 'prosecution'?

Zimmerman is not a large person and it's likely he was screaming like a girl with a violent hoodlum on top of him beating him to death.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Animus View Post
    Trying to set up my pwetty text on my phone is annoying.

The person screaming is clearly a teenager from the tone. Zimmerman's voice is too deep.
    You have the orig recordings and your creditials as a voice analyst expert are what?

I'm happy you feel that you know more than the experts, but I will believe them over you to be honest.
    Last edited by mohawk001; 05-18-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    Animus, why aren't you testifying as an expert witness for the 'prosecution'?

Zimmerman is not a large person and it's likely he was screaming like a girl with a violent hoodlum on top of him beating him to death.
    Trayvon had marijuana in his system, any violent action by him would have to have been necessary for his survival to overcome the drug's pacifying effects.
    Last edited by Animus; 05-19-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Trayvon had marijuana in his system, any violent action by him would have to have been necessary for his survival to overcome the drug's pacifying effects.
    ????????????????????

That would be trace amounts. How pacifying do you think that is?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    That would be trace amounts. How pacifying do you think that is?

I think he's just desperate and reaching blindly into a smoke cloud hoping to pull out a miracle explanation.

Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 05-18-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    That video sure doesn't show the smiling little angel that was first shown, does it?

I don't know all the ins and outs of this case and I don't believe all the evidence is yet in. It should be interesting to see how this plays out and what the results will be if and when this case is thrown out of court or a "not guilty" verdict is returned.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    That video sure doesn't show the smiling little angel that was first shown, does it?

I don't know all the ins and outs of this case and I don't believe all the evidence is yet in. It should be interesting to see how this plays out and what the results will be if and when this case is thrown out of court or a "not guilty" verdict is returned.
    Apparently, Zimmerman, like myself, didn't shoot a quire-boy.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Or a chior boy!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    Or a chior boy!
    Sorry, I get a bit pumped-up and spell things somewhat phonetically.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    It is not about the law any more for some folks, it's about 'justice'.
    His parents are misguided when it comes to "justice."

Trying to set up my pwetty text on my phone is annoying.

The person screaming is clearly a teenager from the tone. Zimmerman's voice is too deep.
    Wrong.

This evening, MSNBC played a recording of Martin's father attesting clearly and unequivocally that the scream for help was not their son Treyvon Martin.

I was very surprised to hear him admit this, and can't help but wonder if he's as sick and tired of all the political posturing as the rest of us? If it were my son, I'd bend over backwards to stick to the truth, as the last thing I'd want is the whole thing to become the three-ring circus it's become.

Kudos to the father for going public with the statement. I wish he and his wife had managed this much more objective approach from the start. I don't condone what they did, but I understand the nature of grief, including Stage 1: Denial.

Regardless, allegations that "it was clearly a teenager" are patently unsupportable in light of Mr. Martin's admission.

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    The reoccurring media references made regarding the fact that Zimmerman did not seek medical attention until the next day have the affect of discounting the seriousness of the injuries inflicted on him by Martin.

Anyone who has ever been involved in a serious "Donnybrook" will recall that due to the immediate adrenalin surge, the full extent of one's injuries is usually not apparent until a day or two later when the bruises, and pain present.
    Amen to that. I was in a motor vehicle accident back in 1984, right after Spring finals. It wasn't until three days later, after I'd drive 865 miles home and gotten a good night's sleep that I found myself in the doctor's office with some injuries I hadn't realized I'd had.
    Last edited by since9; 05-19-2012 at 12:30 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. They both protect the rest, but only if you exercise them both.

Nothing in this post is to be misconstrued as "advice" of any kind. It is merely my opinion.

I heard something on talk radio while driving home from work tonight. They were talking about Zimmerman, and saying he was a cop wannabe. And since he was carrying a gun, he was just out looking for trouble. It made me wonder about neighborhood watches everywhere. Nobody has complained about them until now. In fact, a lot of people probably have appreciated them being around. Will they now have to worry about being called cop wannabes? And also, why shouldn't they be armed? They're walking around your neighborhood at night watching for potential illegal activity. Possibly coming face to face with the worst of humanity while you sleep. If I were a neighborhood watchman, I would have to rethink it. Why volunteer yourself to put up with all the B.S. ? ........................side note.... Aside from the Martin/Zimmerman case, I'm sick of people complaining about things like the stand your ground law. They're always bitching about how their neighborhoods are so unsafe. How you can't walk the streets anymore. As soon as people start defending themselves, they bitch about that. Do you want gangbangers or do you want law abiding citizens defending themselves. If a gangbanger had to worry about every elderly couple walking down the street, or every housewife walking to her car, blowing them away, maybe they won't be thugs anymore. People need to take the streets back. It isn't the thugs turf. It's the taxpayer's turf. "Hey man, you're on my street" Screw you! Get a job, or go home and help your little brother with his homework. Try teaching him how to take care of himself instead of teaching him how to hit a bong or take something from somebody else.
    watch your top knot !

"A man identified only as witness 6 told investigators that he heard a commotion coming from the walk behind his residence. He witnessed a black male wearing a dark-colored "hoodie" on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help." This is why the court system should take care of these kind of situations and not the media.

The only thing we need to know in this case is whether or not there is any evidence to prove who was the aggressor during the altercation. Following a suspicious person through your neighborhood does not make you the aggressor. Even if Zimmerman was able to catch up to Martin and confronted him with some questions that does not make Zimmerman the aggressor. The aggressor was the one who initiated the actual altercation, either Zimmerman pulling the gun or Martin throwing a punch because he didn't like being accused of being up to no good.

Unless there is evidence to contradict Zimmerman's account of how the fight started, he should be acquitted. That's not to say he is innocent, but it will be difficult for the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was the aggressor.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

How was Trayvon suspicious? Because he was a black kid in a hoodie?
    Last edited by Animus; 05-19-2012 at 05:00 PM.

How was Trayvon suspicious? Because he was a black kid in a hoodie?
    Why does everyone go to race, its getting real old. Simple I can not account for what Mr Zimmerman saw that night that he felt was suspicious.The media has done plenty of that on its own and if the cases turns into another Rodney king style riot I will blame the media first and foremost for causing it. I was speaking in generality that every single person here has noticed a person or persons that acted like they where up to no good. I will make it simple, if a persons does the following they can be considered suspicious.

Suspicious behavior is sometimes difficult to define, but is one of those things that most people
    “know when they see it.” It is something that is out of place, not quite right, or just makes you
    feel ‘weird’ about it. The following is a partial list of behavior that may be suspicious:

q Wearing heavy clothing in warm weather (e.g., a trench coat when it is 85 degrees
    outside)

q Asking questions that are not common about the location of something, security
    measures, or availability of chemicals or other items.

q Attempts to conceal the face by turning away when someone approaches (e.g., rapidly
    turn and pretend to read something on a bulletin board)

q ‘Hiding’ in shadows or behind objects in an apparent attempt to keep from being clearly
    seen

q Being evasive when asked a direct question, attempts to change the subject

q Giving too many details that are unrelated to the conversation (e.g., when asked about
    what they are doing in a restricted area, they start talking about what they did when they
    got up in the morning, where they parked, everyone else they have visited or know on
    campus, etc.)

q Carrying items that do not fit in with what they are doing (e.g., a student carrying a
    toolbox into a lecture classroom)

that is to just name a few.
    Last edited by zack991; 05-19-2012 at 04:12 AM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.

Walking into a 7-11 with a hooded sweatshirt over the head is not only "suspicious", but an "alarm bell" going off in the head of 7-11 clerks, COPS, and anyone else who has ever seen a 7-11 robbery video play-back. Maybe not as "suspicious" while walking back to the apartment- but hoodies are a known NO-NO in 7-11's. This 7-11 video is a picture into the cultural sociability mindset of Martin. Any COP driving by noticing the hoodied-up Martin through the glass of that 7-11 would have been alerted to a possible robbery in progress, and would have investigated. Right - That IS profiling.

Speaking to the neighborhood watch "questions" presented by this tragedy - NW is a good program - BUT do not allow the "bird-watchers" to promote you into becoming their designated "night-watchman". That's where Zimmerman ( and myself once upon a time) made a serious error in judgement. The "bird-watchers" will start calling you rather than the COPS. I finally withdrew from the NW "team" because I grew tired of hearing - "OH my ! Not me. I'm afraid of guns !"

Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin

Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin

By Frances Robles
    frobles@MiamiHerald.com
    As thousands of people gathered here to demand an arrest in the Trayvon Martin case, a more complicated portrait began to emerge of a teenager whose problems at school ranged from getting spotted defacing lockers to getting caught with a marijuana baggie and women’s jewelry.

The Miami Gardens teen who has become a national symbol of racial injustice was suspended three times, and had a spotty school record that his family’s attorneys say is irrelevant to the facts that led up to his being gunned down on Feb. 26.

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana, which he called “irrelevant” and an attempt to demonize a victim.

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” he responded, according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

Trayvon was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to the report. School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.

A lawyer for the dead teen’s family acknowledged Trayvon had been suspended for graffiti, but said the family knew nothing about the jewelry and the screwdriver.

“It’s completely irrelevant to what happened Feb. 26,” said attorney Benjamin Crump. “They never heard this, and don’t believe it’s true. If it were true, why wouldn’t they call the parents? Why wasn’t he arrested?”

Trayvon, who was a junior at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School, had never been arrested, police and the family have said.

“We think everybody is trying to demonize him,” Crump said.

No evidence ever surfaced that the jewelry was stolen.

“Martin was suspended, warned and dismissed for the graffiti,” according to the report prepared by schools police.

That suspension was followed four months later by another one in February, in which Trayvon was caught with an empty plastic bag with traces of marijuana in it. A schools police report obtained by The Miami Herald specifies two items: a bag with marijuana residue and a “marijuana pipe.”

The punishment was the third for the teen. On Monday, the family also said Trayvon had earlier been suspended for tardiness and truancy.

Trayvon was shot to death Feb. 26 while serving out his suspension in Sanford, where his father’s girlfriend lives. A neighborhood watch volunteer called the police to say he saw someone in a hoodie who looked high on drugs, and was suspicious because he walked too slowly in the rain. The unarmed teenager carried Skittles and iced tea, and was talking to his girlfriend on the phone, records show.

Zimmerman told police Trayvon jumped him, punched him in the face and slammed his head on the ground, according to information published by the Orlando Sentinel. The news account came a day after a friend of Zimmerman’s took to television network programs to say the watchman was the victim in the case.

“That sounded like someone in dire need of help,” said friend Joe Oliver, referring to cries heard on 911 tapes. “That sounded like George.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...t-trayvon.html

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Why does everyone go to race, its getting real old. Simple I can not account for what Mr Zimmerman saw that night that he felt was suspicious.The media has done plenty of that on its own and if the cases turns into another Rodney king style riot I will blame the media first and foremost for causing it. I was speaking in generality that every single person here has noticed a person or persons that acted like they where up to no good. I will make it simple, if a persons does the following they can be considered suspicious.

Suspicious behavior is sometimes difficult to define, but is one of those things that most people
    “know when they see it.” It is something that is out of place, not quite right, or just makes you
    feel ‘weird’ about it. The following is a partial list of behavior that may be suspicious:

q Wearing heavy clothing in warm weather (e.g., a trench coat when it is 85 degrees
    outside)

q Asking questions that are not common about the location of something, security
    measures, or availability of chemicals or other items.

q Attempts to conceal the face by turning away when someone approaches (e.g., rapidly
    turn and pretend to read something on a bulletin board)

q ‘Hiding’ in shadows or behind objects in an apparent attempt to keep from being clearly
    seen

q Being evasive when asked a direct question, attempts to change the subject

q Giving too many details that are unrelated to the conversation (e.g., when asked about
    what they are doing in a restricted area, they start talking about what they did when they
    got up in the morning, where they parked, everyone else they have visited or know on
    campus, etc.)

q Carrying items that do not fit in with what they are doing (e.g., a student carrying a
    toolbox into a lecture classroom)

that is to just name a few.
    Probably because there are still racists. It will always be a valid question until such people no longer exist.
    Last edited by Animus; 05-19-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    Walking into a 7-11 with a hooded sweatshirt over the head is not only "suspicious", but an "alarm bell" going off in the head of 7-11 clerks, COPS, and anyone else who has ever seen a 7-11 robbery video play-back. Maybe not as "suspicious" while walking back to the apartment- but hoodies are a known NO-NO in 7-11's. This 7-11 video is a picture into the cultural sociability mindset of Martin. Any COP driving by noticing the hoodied-up Martin through the glass of that 7-11 would have been alerted to a possible robbery in progress, and would have investigated. Right - That IS profiling.

Speaking to the neighborhood watch "questions" presented by this tragedy - NW is a good program - BUT do not allow the "bird-watchers" to promote you into becoming their designated "night-watchman". That's where Zimmerman ( and myself once upon a time) made a serious error in judgement. The "bird-watchers" will start calling you rather than the COPS. I finally withdrew from the NW "team" because I grew tired of hearing - "OH my ! Not me. I'm afraid of guns !"
    It was raining, and he just bought a snack like any other customer. A hoodie alone without the typical behavior of a robbery (standing where the cashier can't see him, going straight to the register, etc) wouldn't raise my suspicion. I'm probably biased though, I wore hoodies all throughout high school, even during the summer. They are normal garments to me.
    Last edited by Animus; 05-19-2012 at 04:59 PM.

What was there in Mr. Zimmerman's 911 call or statement that made you think this might be racially motivated?

He called Trayvon a coon in the recording I heard (I stand corrected), but regardless, anytime both parties aren't of similar ethnicities, race could play a factor, even subconsciously. So could age, gender, social status, religion, etc. Humans are notoriously averse to differences, xenophobia can always be a contributing factor.
    Last edited by Animus; 05-19-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Probably because there are still racists. It will always be a valid question until such people no longer exist.
    Or, probably because there are still realists. As well as folks of one race or other who insist on living up to the very stereotypes they claim to hate, yet insist on dressing/behaving/ and trying to look "cool" or "hip" by doing so.

When I was a pot-smoking, teen Metalhead, with hair down past my shoulders, I was constantly pulled over,stopped, detained, searched and harrassed by cops. Even though I never once did anything to be charged for or arrested for.
    But even then, I understood fully how folks would jump to their conclusions if based on nothing more than about 200 or so folks who "looked" just like me's behaviors/attire and actions. They did what they did, and fully deserved the attention they got for it. I got lumped into the same bunch just based on appearances. Right? Wrong? Didnt matter, it is what it is,and it did have a valid basis in fact, no matter how much I liked it or not.

He called Trayvon a coon in the recording I heard, but regardless, anytime both parties aren't of similar ethnicities, race could play a factor, even subconsciously. So could age, gender, social status, religion, etc. Humans are notoriously averse to differences, xenophobia can always be a contributing factor.
    The "coon" comment myth was de-bunked within a day or so of it's being printed. There was never any such comment in the actual AUDIO of the call. It was written-into the "transcript" by the biased reporter for that TEXT article. That paper re-canted a day or so later, but only after about 3040560606070770 other writers and anti-gun nutbars latched onto that false comment as gospel, and repeated it.

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    Or, probably because there are still realists. As well as folks of one race or other who insist on living up to the very stereotypes they claim to hate, yet insist on dressing/behaving/ and trying to look "cool" or "hip" by doing so.

When I was a pot-smoking, teen Metalhead, with hair down past my shoulders, I was constantly pulled over,stopped, detained, searched and harrassed by cops. Even though I never once did anything to be charged for or arrested for.
    But even then, I understood fully how folks would jump to their conclusions if based on nothing more than about 200 or so folks who "looked" just like me's behaviors/attire and actions. They did what they did, and fully deserved the attention they got for it. I got lumped into the same bunch just based on appearances. Right? Wrong? Didnt matter, it is what it is,and it did have a valid basis in fact, no matter how much I liked it or not.
    Somehow I've avoided police attention even though I look the same. My assailants have always been rednecks.
    Last edited by Animus; 05-19-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast