• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Trayvon Martin Shooting

Redbaron007

Seems like the news outlets and Trayvon's family/attorney are ramping up the publicity machine to show it was all Z's fault because he got out of his vehicle, it was 'avoidable'. In addition, they are padding this mantra by accusing Z of being racist because of his prior reports to police.

rushcreek2

The reoccurring media references made regarding the fact that Zimmerman did not seek medical attention until the next day have the affect of discounting the seriousness of the injuries inflicted on him by Martin.

Anyone who has ever been involved in a serious "Donnybrook" will recall that due to the immediate adrenalin surge, the full extent of one's injuries is usually not apparent until a day or two later when the bruises, and pain present.

In addition, there is a " macho " reaction exhibited by most men who will instinctively discount the severity of any injuries sustained from what may very well have been a severe "pounding".

I want to add that no one is entitled to Monday morning QB Zimmerman's decision to draw his gun and fire on Martin, because no one else was on the receiving end of the assault by Martin.

Regardless of the varied and sundry "IF Zimmerman had not done this, or Zimmerman had not done that.......Martin would still be alive" premises floated about - The CRIME threshold was crossed when Martin decided to attack Zimmerman. Had Martin not made that decision he would still be alive.

Still no mention of the existence of any evidence countering Zimmerman's account that Martin initiated the physical confrontation."

Last edited:

Animus

What about the neighbor's 911 call? Trayvon is heard screaming "help" for 45 seconds before being silenced by a gunshot. Some have said that was Zimmerman screaming but the voice matches Trayvon's in the call to his girlfriend (the one where he says some guy is chasing him). I'm inclined to believe the racist claims, and I think Zimmerman is the type of person the Brady Campaign was worried about. He initiated by chasing Trayvon, the kid tried to defend himself and was killed for his trouble.

Last edited:

mohawk001

What about the neighbor's 911 call? Trayvon is heard screaming "help" for 45 seconds before being silenced by a gunshot. Some have said that was Zimmerman screaming but the voice matches Trayvon's in the call to his girlfriend (the one where he says some guy is chasing him). I'm inclined to believe the racist claims, and I think Zimmerman is the type of person the Brady Campaign was worried about. He initiated by chasing Trayvon, the kid tried to defend himself and was killed for his trouble.

Actually, articles have not said it is Trayvon screaming and have not done a match because they can't.

http://news.discovery.com/tech/george-zimmerman-voice-recognition-120404.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...xperts-say-911-tape-supports-trayvon-martin/1

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-pics-show-zimmerman-injuries-061304578.html

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/trayvon-martin-911-call-audio-experts-not-george-160558328.html

Last edited:

Animus

Trying to set up my pwetty text on my phone is annoying. (But I can come back and put it in later on my computer, haha!)

The person screaming is clearly a teenager from the tone. Zimmerman's voice is too deep.

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

Animus, why aren't you testifying as an expert witness for the 'prosecution'?

Zimmerman is not a large person and it's likely he was screaming like a girl with a violent hoodlum on top of him beating him to death.

mohawk001

Trying to set up my pwetty text on my phone is annoying.

The person screaming is clearly a teenager from the tone. Zimmerman's voice is too deep.

You have the orig recordings and your creditials as a voice analyst expert are what?

I'm happy you feel that you know more than the experts, but I will believe them over you to be honest.

Last edited:

Animus

Animus, why aren't you testifying as an expert witness for the 'prosecution'?

Zimmerman is not a large person and it's likely he was screaming like a girl with a violent hoodlum on top of him beating him to death.

Trayvon had marijuana in his system, any violent action by him would have to have been necessary for his survival to overcome the drug's pacifying effects.

Last edited:

kcgunfan

Trayvon had marijuana in his system, any violent action by him would have to have been necessary for his survival to overcome the drug's pacifying effects.

That would be trace amounts. How pacifying do you think that is?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Beretta92FSLady

Video of Martin at 7-11.

[video]http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/trayvon-martin-seen-in-7-11-surveillance-video-prior-to-shooting-29338445.html[/video]

Last edited:

SFCRetired

Video of Martin at 7-11.

[video]http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/trayvon-martin-seen-in-7-11-surveillance-video-prior-to-shooting-29338445.html[/video]

That video sure doesn't show the smiling little angel that was first shown, does it?

I don't know all the ins and outs of this case and I don't believe all the evidence is yet in. It should be interesting to see how this plays out and what the results will be if and when this case is thrown out of court or a "not guilty" verdict is returned.

Beretta92FSLady

That video sure doesn't show the smiling little angel that was first shown, does it?

I don't know all the ins and outs of this case and I don't believe all the evidence is yet in. It should be interesting to see how this plays out and what the results will be if and when this case is thrown out of court or a "not guilty" verdict is returned.

Apparently, Zimmerman, like myself, didn't shoot a quire-boy.

since9

Campaign Veteran
It is not about the law any more for some folks, it's about 'justice'.

His parents are misguided when it comes to "justice."

Trying to set up my pwetty text on my phone is annoying.

Wrong.

This evening, MSNBC played a recording of Martin's father attesting clearly and unequivocally that the scream for help was not their son Treyvon Martin.

I was very surprised to hear him admit this, and can't help but wonder if he's as sick and tired of all the political posturing as the rest of us? If it were my son, I'd bend over backwards to stick to the truth, as the last thing I'd want is the whole thing to become the three-ring circus it's become.

Kudos to the father for going public with the statement. I wish he and his wife had managed this much more objective approach from the start. I don't condone what they did, but I understand the nature of grief, including Stage 1: Denial.

Regardless, allegations that "it was clearly a teenager" are patently unsupportable in light of Mr. Martin's admission.

The reoccurring media references made regarding the fact that Zimmerman did not seek medical attention until the next day have the affect of discounting the seriousness of the injuries inflicted on him by Martin.

Anyone who has ever been involved in a serious "Donnybrook" will recall that due to the immediate adrenalin surge, the full extent of one's injuries is usually not apparent until a day or two later when the bruises, and pain present.

Amen to that. I was in a motor vehicle accident back in 1984, right after Spring finals. It wasn't until three days later, after I'd drive 865 miles home and gotten a good night's sleep that I found myself in the doctor's office with some injuries I hadn't realized I'd had.

Last edited:

hjmoosejaw

I heard something on talk radio while driving home from work tonight. They were talking about Zimmerman, and saying he was a cop wannabe. And since he was carrying a gun, he was just out looking for trouble. It made me wonder about neighborhood watches everywhere. Nobody has complained about them until now. In fact, a lot of people probably have appreciated them being around. Will they now have to worry about being called cop wannabes? And also, why shouldn't they be armed? They're walking around your neighborhood at night watching for potential illegal activity. Possibly coming face to face with the worst of humanity while you sleep. If I were a neighborhood watchman, I would have to rethink it. Why volunteer yourself to put up with all the B.S. ? ........................side note.... Aside from the Martin/Zimmerman case, I'm sick of people complaining about things like the stand your ground law. They're always bitching about how their neighborhoods are so unsafe. How you can't walk the streets anymore. As soon as people start defending themselves, they bitch about that. Do you want gangbangers or do you want law abiding citizens defending themselves. If a gangbanger had to worry about every elderly couple walking down the street, or every housewife walking to her car, blowing them away, maybe they won't be thugs anymore. People need to take the streets back. It isn't the thugs turf. It's the taxpayer's turf. "Hey man, you're on my street" Screw you! Get a job, or go home and help your little brother with his homework. Try teaching him how to take care of himself instead of teaching him how to hit a bong or take something from somebody else.

zack991

"A man identified only as witness 6 told investigators that he heard a commotion coming from the walk behind his residence. He witnessed a black male wearing a dark-colored "hoodie" on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help." This is why the court system should take care of these kind of situations and not the media.

The only thing we need to know in this case is whether or not there is any evidence to prove who was the aggressor during the altercation. Following a suspicious person through your neighborhood does not make you the aggressor. Even if Zimmerman was able to catch up to Martin and confronted him with some questions that does not make Zimmerman the aggressor. The aggressor was the one who initiated the actual altercation, either Zimmerman pulling the gun or Martin throwing a punch because he didn't like being accused of being up to no good.

Unless there is evidence to contradict Zimmerman's account of how the fight started, he should be acquitted. That's not to say he is innocent, but it will be difficult for the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was the aggressor.