• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Trayvon Martin Shooting

zack991

How was Trayvon suspicious? Because he was a black kid in a hoodie?
Why does everyone go to race, its getting real old. Simple I can not account for what Mr Zimmerman saw that night that he felt was suspicious.The media has done plenty of that on its own and if the cases turns into another Rodney king style riot I will blame the media first and foremost for causing it. I was speaking in generality that every single person here has noticed a person or persons that acted like they where up to no good. I will make it simple, if a persons does the following they can be considered suspicious.

Suspicious behavior is sometimes difficult to define, but is one of those things that most people
“know when they see it.” It is something that is out of place, not quite right, or just makes you
feel ‘weird’ about it. The following is a partial list of behavior that may be suspicious:

q Wearing heavy clothing in warm weather (e.g., a trench coat when it is 85 degrees
outside)

q Asking questions that are not common about the location of something, security
measures, or availability of chemicals or other items.

q Attempts to conceal the face by turning away when someone approaches (e.g., rapidly
turn and pretend to read something on a bulletin board)

q ‘Hiding’ in shadows or behind objects in an apparent attempt to keep from being clearly
seen

q Being evasive when asked a direct question, attempts to change the subject

q Giving too many details that are unrelated to the conversation (e.g., when asked about
what they are doing in a restricted area, they start talking about what they did when they
got up in the morning, where they parked, everyone else they have visited or know on
campus, etc.)

q Carrying items that do not fit in with what they are doing (e.g., a student carrying a
toolbox into a lecture classroom)

that is to just name a few.

Last edited:

rushcreek2

Walking into a 7-11 with a hooded sweatshirt over the head is not only "suspicious", but an "alarm bell" going off in the head of 7-11 clerks, COPS, and anyone else who has ever seen a 7-11 robbery video play-back. Maybe not as "suspicious" while walking back to the apartment- but hoodies are a known NO-NO in 7-11's. This 7-11 video is a picture into the cultural sociability mindset of Martin. Any COP driving by noticing the hoodied-up Martin through the glass of that 7-11 would have been alerted to a possible robbery in progress, and would have investigated. Right - That IS profiling.

Speaking to the neighborhood watch "questions" presented by this tragedy - NW is a good program - BUT do not allow the "bird-watchers" to promote you into becoming their designated "night-watchman". That's where Zimmerman ( and myself once upon a time) made a serious error in judgement. The "bird-watchers" will start calling you rather than the COPS. I finally withdrew from the NW "team" because I grew tired of hearing - "OH my ! Not me. I'm afraid of guns !"

zack991

Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin

Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin

By Frances Robles
frobles@MiamiHerald.com
As thousands of people gathered here to demand an arrest in the Trayvon Martin case, a more complicated portrait began to emerge of a teenager whose problems at school ranged from getting spotted defacing lockers to getting caught with a marijuana baggie and women’s jewelry.

The Miami Gardens teen who has become a national symbol of racial injustice was suspended three times, and had a spotty school record that his family’s attorneys say is irrelevant to the facts that led up to his being gunned down on Feb. 26.

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana, which he called “irrelevant” and an attempt to demonize a victim.

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” he responded, according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

Trayvon was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to the report. School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.

A lawyer for the dead teen’s family acknowledged Trayvon had been suspended for graffiti, but said the family knew nothing about the jewelry and the screwdriver.

“It’s completely irrelevant to what happened Feb. 26,” said attorney Benjamin Crump. “They never heard this, and don’t believe it’s true. If it were true, why wouldn’t they call the parents? Why wasn’t he arrested?”

Trayvon, who was a junior at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School, had never been arrested, police and the family have said.

“We think everybody is trying to demonize him,” Crump said.

No evidence ever surfaced that the jewelry was stolen.

“Martin was suspended, warned and dismissed for the graffiti,” according to the report prepared by schools police.

That suspension was followed four months later by another one in February, in which Trayvon was caught with an empty plastic bag with traces of marijuana in it. A schools police report obtained by The Miami Herald specifies two items: a bag with marijuana residue and a “marijuana pipe.”

The punishment was the third for the teen. On Monday, the family also said Trayvon had earlier been suspended for tardiness and truancy.

Trayvon was shot to death Feb. 26 while serving out his suspension in Sanford, where his father’s girlfriend lives. A neighborhood watch volunteer called the police to say he saw someone in a hoodie who looked high on drugs, and was suspicious because he walked too slowly in the rain. The unarmed teenager carried Skittles and iced tea, and was talking to his girlfriend on the phone, records show.

Zimmerman told police Trayvon jumped him, punched him in the face and slammed his head on the ground, according to information published by the Orlando Sentinel. The news account came a day after a friend of Zimmerman’s took to television network programs to say the watchman was the victim in the case.

“That sounded like someone in dire need of help,” said friend Joe Oliver, referring to cries heard on 911 tapes. “That sounded like George.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/v-print/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html

Animus

Why does everyone go to race, its getting real old. Simple I can not account for what Mr Zimmerman saw that night that he felt was suspicious.The media has done plenty of that on its own and if the cases turns into another Rodney king style riot I will blame the media first and foremost for causing it. I was speaking in generality that every single person here has noticed a person or persons that acted like they where up to no good. I will make it simple, if a persons does the following they can be considered suspicious.

Suspicious behavior is sometimes difficult to define, but is one of those things that most people
“know when they see it.” It is something that is out of place, not quite right, or just makes you
feel ‘weird’ about it. The following is a partial list of behavior that may be suspicious:

q Wearing heavy clothing in warm weather (e.g., a trench coat when it is 85 degrees
outside)

q Asking questions that are not common about the location of something, security
measures, or availability of chemicals or other items.

q Attempts to conceal the face by turning away when someone approaches (e.g., rapidly
turn and pretend to read something on a bulletin board)

q ‘Hiding’ in shadows or behind objects in an apparent attempt to keep from being clearly
seen

q Being evasive when asked a direct question, attempts to change the subject

q Giving too many details that are unrelated to the conversation (e.g., when asked about
what they are doing in a restricted area, they start talking about what they did when they
got up in the morning, where they parked, everyone else they have visited or know on
campus, etc.)

q Carrying items that do not fit in with what they are doing (e.g., a student carrying a
toolbox into a lecture classroom)

that is to just name a few.

Probably because there are still racists. It will always be a valid question until such people no longer exist.

Last edited:

Animus

Walking into a 7-11 with a hooded sweatshirt over the head is not only "suspicious", but an "alarm bell" going off in the head of 7-11 clerks, COPS, and anyone else who has ever seen a 7-11 robbery video play-back. Maybe not as "suspicious" while walking back to the apartment- but hoodies are a known NO-NO in 7-11's. This 7-11 video is a picture into the cultural sociability mindset of Martin. Any COP driving by noticing the hoodied-up Martin through the glass of that 7-11 would have been alerted to a possible robbery in progress, and would have investigated. Right - That IS profiling.

Speaking to the neighborhood watch "questions" presented by this tragedy - NW is a good program - BUT do not allow the "bird-watchers" to promote you into becoming their designated "night-watchman". That's where Zimmerman ( and myself once upon a time) made a serious error in judgement. The "bird-watchers" will start calling you rather than the COPS. I finally withdrew from the NW "team" because I grew tired of hearing - "OH my ! Not me. I'm afraid of guns !"

It was raining, and he just bought a snack like any other customer. A hoodie alone without the typical behavior of a robbery (standing where the cashier can't see him, going straight to the register, etc) wouldn't raise my suspicion. I'm probably biased though, I wore hoodies all throughout high school, even during the summer. They are normal garments to me.

Last edited:

kcgunfan

What was there in Mr. Zimmerman's 911 call or statement that made you think this might be racially motivated?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Animus

[strike]He called Trayvon a coon in the recording I heard[/strike] (I stand corrected), but regardless, anytime both parties aren't of similar ethnicities, race could play a factor, even subconsciously. So could age, gender, social status, religion, etc. Humans are notoriously averse to differences, xenophobia can always be a contributing factor.

Last edited:

j4l

Probably because there are still racists. It will always be a valid question until such people no longer exist.

Or, probably because there are still realists. As well as folks of one race or other who insist on living up to the very stereotypes they claim to hate, yet insist on dressing/behaving/ and trying to look "cool" or "hip" by doing so.

When I was a pot-smoking, teen Metalhead, with hair down past my shoulders, I was constantly pulled over,stopped, detained, searched and harrassed by cops. Even though I never once did anything to be charged for or arrested for.
But even then, I understood fully how folks would jump to their conclusions if based on nothing more than about 200 or so folks who "looked" just like me's behaviors/attire and actions. They did what they did, and fully deserved the attention they got for it. I got lumped into the same bunch just based on appearances. Right? Wrong? Didnt matter, it is what it is,and it did have a valid basis in fact, no matter how much I liked it or not.

j4l

He called Trayvon a coon in the recording I heard, but regardless, anytime both parties aren't of similar ethnicities, race could play a factor, even subconsciously. So could age, gender, social status, religion, etc. Humans are notoriously averse to differences, xenophobia can always be a contributing factor.

The "coon" comment myth was de-bunked within a day or so of it's being printed. There was never any such comment in the actual AUDIO of the call. It was written-into the "transcript" by the biased reporter for that TEXT article. That paper re-canted a day or so later, but only after about 3040560606070770 other writers and anti-gun nutbars latched onto that false comment as gospel, and repeated it.

Animus

Or, probably because there are still realists. As well as folks of one race or other who insist on living up to the very stereotypes they claim to hate, yet insist on dressing/behaving/ and trying to look "cool" or "hip" by doing so.

When I was a pot-smoking, teen Metalhead, with hair down past my shoulders, I was constantly pulled over,stopped, detained, searched and harrassed by cops. Even though I never once did anything to be charged for or arrested for.
But even then, I understood fully how folks would jump to their conclusions if based on nothing more than about 200 or so folks who "looked" just like me's behaviors/attire and actions. They did what they did, and fully deserved the attention they got for it. I got lumped into the same bunch just based on appearances. Right? Wrong? Didnt matter, it is what it is,and it did have a valid basis in fact, no matter how much I liked it or not.

Somehow I've avoided police attention even though I look the same. My assailants have always been rednecks.

Last edited:

j4l

Somehow I've avoided police attention even though I look the same. My assailants have always been rednecks.

Ok. Full-stop, right there.
Rednecks? really, dude?
1) you're in Tennessee- not exactly urban/hip-hop/metalhead/hippy territory, I'll give you that, but..
2) Case in point, to your previous posts, above. Somehow you consider it ok to lump folks into a category you call "redneck", yet ,it's somehow objectionable ,to you for someone to say-or falsely claimed to have said -"coon".

Break down the justifiable difference for me there, if you would.
Granted, many "rednecks" will happily, and proudly declare themselves as such. But still- a white guy who..what? doesnt dress in hoodies, or try to mimmick current "urban" trendy attire? Or..what is your definition of such, and what justifaction do you claim for using a term some whites would consider somewhat "racist"

(And, for the record, Im half-cherokee, and despite my metalhead-looking days, most folks would assume Im a redneck myself lately, just by appearances alone)

Last edited:

Shoobee

If the facts in the story are all correct, I'm not sure why the judge is still going through with this. I do realize there is potentially more to the story; but, more and more info substantiates Zimmerman's story; hence, the SYG defense seems more solid.

That's a really good question, but I think the answer is that this case is too hot of a political hot potato for any judge to summarily throw it out.

If the judge does, his re-election may come into question, next time around.

The safest thing for a judge to do is let it proceed to trial.

Then the jury would get all the flack, one way or the other, rather than the judge.

Hot potato hot potato!

Last edited:

Shoobee

Yup redman they wanted your pot!

I can usually quickly identify native Americans and part natives fairly quickly by their high cheekbones and asiatic features.

I would never mistaken you for red neck.

:D

Shoobee

Animus, why aren't you testifying as an expert witness for the 'prosecution'?

Zimmerman is not a large person and it's likely he was screaming like a girl with a violent hoodlum on top of him beating him to death.

The screaming did sound like a girl, yes. If it was Z then that tells me he was not emotionally equipped to ever get out of his car.

If the creaming was the kid, it tells me he must have seen the handgun and was wrestling with Z to get it away.

Either way it sounds like a brawl to me. Same as in a bar.

I don't know what either of these 2 guys was thinking.

Hopefully that will become more clear in the trial.

Keeping an open mind until then.

Last edited:

Animus

Ok. Full-stop, right there.
Rednecks? really, dude?
1) you're in Tennessee- not exactly urban/hip-hop/metalhead/hippy territory, I'll give you that, but..
2) Case in point, to your previous posts, above. Somehow you consider it ok to lump folks into a category you call "redneck", yet ,it's somehow objectionable ,to you for someone to say-or falsely claimed to have said -"coon".

Break down the justifiable difference for me there, if you would.
Granted, many "rednecks" will happily, and proudly declare themselves as such. But still- a white guy who..what? doesnt dress in hoodies, or try to mimmick current "urban" trendy attire? Or..what is your definition of such, and what justifaction do you claim for using a term some whites would consider somewhat "racist"

(And, for the record, Im half-cherokee, and despite my metalhead-looking days, most folks would assume Im a redneck myself lately, just by appearances alone)

I'm specifically talking about the flannel-wearing, beer-drinking, rebel flag flying on their giant diesel truck, self-proclaimed rednecks. The subculture, not the insult. The insult would technically apply to me as well but only because I was born here, not from any resemblance to these people either physically or mentally.

Last edited:

j4l

Yup redman they wanted your pot!

I can usually quickly identify native Americans and part natives fairly quickly by their high cheekbones and asiatic features.

I would never mistaken you for red neck.

:D

I really dont have many of the features one normally associates with an NA. Light-ish color hair, fair skin- most folks dont even have a clue. My sister, though. You'd swear she's full-blooded Cherokee. Go figure.
Back in the day, no, you would not have pegged me as a redneck. Nowdays though..I dress most comfortably in roughly the same attire as most of my country surroundings fits. So many who dont know me would assume Im just another redneck out here in the sticks..

j4l

I'm specifically talking about the flannel-wearing, beer-drinking, rebel flag flying on their giant diesel truck, self-proclaimed rednecks. The subculture, not the insult. The insult would technically apply to me as well but only because I was born here, not from any resemblance to these people either physically or mentally.

Then that I can understand. In context. Heck, I have my own labels from a list longer than I am tall, lol.
I sometimes have to go the WalMart out here-(sadly, the only place like it for many miles of my area, so am stuck dealing with it ) and I've got a whole ton of labels for the inhabitants of that dreadful place...waiting in line there, I often contemplate swallowing my pistol, and just ending it right there, rather than be subjected to the sea of sub-humanity I find myself surrounded by...

lol

Animus

It's only obvious in me when I've been out in the sun. Somehow curly locks and a beard manage to camouflage high cheekbones rather well.

Last edited:

Animus

Then that I can understand. In context. Heck, I have my own labels from a list longer than I am tall, lol.
I sometimes have to go the WalMart out here-(sadly, the only place like it for many miles of my area, so am stuck dealing with it ) and I've got a whole ton of labels for the inhabitants of that dreadful place...waiting in line there, I often contemplate swallowing my pistol, and just ending it right there, rather than be subjected to the sea of sub-humanity I find myself surrounded by...

lol

I do my best to avoid Walmart for similar reasons.

Last edited:

j4l

I do my best to avoid Walmart for similar reasons.

When I am able to range out far enough to do so, I avoid it like the plague. I mean , seriously, I dont think I could cook up characters or situations for a SITCOM (or horror/zombie film) that could come close to a mere 20-minute stop at a Wal-Mart..