• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokanae Shooting called self defense

jt59

Yup. I got a million of those (well, maybe a couple hundred). Like this one:

One day in Contract Law class, a Professor asked one of his better students, “Now, if you were to give someone an orange, how would you go about it?”

The student replied, “Here's an orange.”

The professor was livid. “No! No! Think like a lawyer!” the Professor instructed.

The student then recited, “Okay, I’d tell him, ‘I hereby give and convey to you all and singular, my estate and interests, rights, claim, title, claim and advantages of and in, said orange, together with all its rind, juice, pulp and seeds, and all rights and advantages with full power to bite, cut, freeze and otherwise eat, the same, or give the same away with and without the pulp, juice, rind and seeds, anything herein before or hereinafter or in any deed, or deeds, instruments of whatever nature or kind whatsoever to the contrary in anywise notwithstanding.’”
_ _ _ _ _

And we wonder why 98% of us give the rest a bad name.

:)

...no hold harmless provision?

amlevin

Yup. I got a million of those (well, maybe a couple hundred). Like this one:

One day in Contract Law class, a Professor asked one of his better students, “Now, if you were to give someone an orange, how would you go about it?”

The student replied, “Here's an orange.”

The professor was livid. “No! No! Think like a lawyer!” the Professor instructed.

The student then recited, “Okay, I’d tell him, ‘I hereby give and convey to you all and singular, my estate and interests, rights, claim, title, claim and advantages of and in, said orange, together with all its rind, juice, pulp and seeds, and all rights and advantages with full power to bite, cut, freeze and otherwise eat, the same, or give the same away with and without the pulp, juice, rind and seeds, anything herein before or hereinafter or in any deed, or deeds, instruments of whatever nature or kind whatsoever to the contrary in anywise notwithstanding.’”
_ _ _ _ _

And we wonder why 98% of us give the rest a bad name.

:)

Ahem. Wouldn't a good Lawyer reserve the rights to any derivative benefit that might be contained in the seeds? You know, if someone finds that they contain the cure for cancer, all subsequent rights to any seeds retained would remain with the conveyor.

Lammo

Ahem. Wouldn't a good Lawyer reserve the rights to any derivative benefit that might be contained in the seeds? You know, if someone finds that they contain the cure for cancer, all subsequent rights to any seeds retained would remain with the conveyor.

Ahhhh. The Force is strong with this one. :)