Thread: Detroit groundskeeper fired, found gun OTJ

Detroit groundskeeper fired, found gun OTJ

Detroit groundskeeper fired after finding loaded gun, handing it to cops

Read more: ; http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/15...#ixzz1v32mpZ56

According to a Wayne County spokeswoman and the rules, employees aren't allowed to possess a weapon on work property.
    Chevilott says he didn't bring a weapon to work. He found it on the job.
    "There is no policy. I've never seen a policy what to do if we find a gun out here. So, all I did was secure the situation to make sure nobody else got hurt or killed."

Click for more from MyFoxDetroit.com;http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ob-20120514-ms
    Peace !

"I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Here's the most probable reason:

John Chevilott, who is just two years shy of retirement, found the loaded snub-nosed revolver on...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Boy am I happy I live and work in Indiana right now.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post
    Here's a great Quote for you from our Beloved Pres. Obama... just thot you might get a kick out of it

Philidelphia Primary Debate, 04/16/2008

"As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it."
    Well, the little part about "shall not be infringed" just keeps getting in the way...lol
    Last edited by DrTodd; 05-18-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Thumbs up

Doc Thompson covered this on his show(1270 AM) today and wants our support.He says he's going to put info on his FaceBook page!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Does anyone know of any more info on this?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 06-12-2012 at 03:19 AM.