• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit groundskeeper fired, found gun OTJ

scott58dh

Detroit groundskeeper fired after finding loaded gun, handing it to cops

Read more: :arrow:; http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/1...-loaded-gun-handing-it-to-cops/#ixzz1v32mpZ56

According to a Wayne County spokeswoman and the rules, employees aren't allowed to possess a weapon on work property.
Chevilott says he didn't bring a weapon to work. He found it on the job.
"There is no policy. I've never seen a policy what to do if we find a gun out here. So, all I did was secure the situation to make sure nobody else got hurt or killed."

Click for more from MyFoxDetroit.com;:arrow:http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...ired-after-finding-gun-on-the-job-20120514-ms

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Here's a great Quote for you from our Beloved Pres. Obama... just thot you might get a kick :shocker: out of it :exclaim::exclaim:

Philidelphia Primary Debate, 04/16/2008

"As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it."

Well, the little part about "shall not be infringed" just keeps getting in the way...lol

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

Doc Thompson covered this on his show(1270 AM) today and wants our support.He says he's going to put info on his FaceBook page!