Thread: Uscca

Uscca

Does anyone have any personal experience with USCCA? I understand that they have some reimbursment plan for people who are taken to court over cc issues. I wonder if they offer the same plan for oc's in legal hassles.

Any experiences at all would be helpful.

Thanks,
    garyd

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I realize the search function on these boards blows, but it's been discussed a few times. I've not heard any positives yet, though I haven't been swayed by the negatives either.

Its founder is promoting another "association" now as well.

thanks

Thanks Tess,
    I'm sorry for being a newbie here and new to discussion groups in general. There sure seem to be a lot of cranky people on these things - anyway, I was thinking what a great thing this would be, if it were for real. If it seems too good to be true, it usually isn't.

Can't say that I know anything about their "insurance" system, but they put out a pretty good podcast, called "Armed American Radio", which is hosted by Mark Walters, who is also the co-author of the book "Lessons from Armed America" with Kathy Jackson, the woman who runs the fantastic "Cornered Cat" website...

http://armedamericanradio.org/
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Reimbursement usually comes from the employer of the thug cop who broke the law and violated your rights. All ya need is a lawyer to take a case on contingency. Or, start saving your pennies to give him a modest down payment for services rendered. I have such a rainy day fund.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by garyd View Post
    Thanks Tess,
    I'm sorry for being a newbie here and new to discussion groups in general. There sure seem to be a lot of cranky people on these things - anyway, I was thinking what a great thing this would be, if it were for real. If it seems too good to be true, it usually isn't.
    Don't worry, if you searched found it and then commented on it people would still gripe about it. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't in this forum sometimes.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by garyd View Post
    Thanks Tess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Don't worry, if you searched found it and then commented on it people would still gripe about it. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't in this forum sometimes.
    A few were born that way and a few more just work harder at it.

By and large the user/posters on this forum are the most sincere, responsible, and dedicated of any forum with which I have been associated - great bunch of people that I am proud to call my brothers and sisters.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

True that

Ol' Skid mark was the first to climb on my case and he turned out to be the best resource I've ever had.
    So, I agree, this is a fine group of folks and it's a comfort to know they are out there. It's just hard for an old guy like me to reach around and treat the teeth marks on my butt.

Anybody following the McMillan B of A story?

Exclamation Another Good Option

One of the few sites that I've found that have a lot of info to offer is the Second Amendment Foundation.
    LINK; http://www.saf.org/
    Check it out & let me know what you think, if you want to.
    Aside from being an NRA member, my next option of joining a pro RKBA organization will be the SAF.

PEACE & RKBA FOREVER !

DEFEND FREEDOM
    SUPPORT NRA
    DEFEAT OBAMA

I originally got a membership to USCCA to get their magazine, which I like.

This year, to keep their insurance plan an actual, legal insurance plan, all members have to be a part of that plan. So, my $30/year membership has become a $130/year membership (Higher amounts for more coverage).

I kept the membership because I wanted a similar coverage from a local law group. I don't know what level of quality the USCCA plan has because I haven't had to use it (and hopefully won't).
    Last edited by MyWifeSaidYes; 05-19-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I think it's the Home Defense Association of America (not yet launched) at http://www.hdaa.com/free/ that is the next offering from USCCA's Tim Schmidt.