• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uscca

garyd

Does anyone have any personal experience with USCCA? I understand that they have some reimbursment plan for people who are taken to court over cc issues. I wonder if they offer the same plan for oc's in legal hassles.

Any experiences at all would be helpful.

Thanks,
garyd

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I realize the search function on these boards blows, but it's been discussed a few times. I've not heard any positives yet, though I haven't been swayed by the negatives either.

Its founder is promoting another "association" now as well.

garyd

thanks

Thanks Tess,
I'm sorry for being a newbie here and new to discussion groups in general. There sure seem to be a lot of cranky people on these things - anyway, I was thinking what a great thing this would be, if it were for real. If it seems too good to be true, it usually isn't.

Dreamer

Can't say that I know anything about their "insurance" system, but they put out a pretty good podcast, called "Armed American Radio", which is hosted by Mark Walters, who is also the co-author of the book "Lessons from Armed America" with Kathy Jackson, the woman who runs the fantastic "Cornered Cat" website...

http://armedamericanradio.org/

OC for ME

Reimbursement usually comes from the employer of the thug cop who broke the law and violated your rights. All ya need is a lawyer to take a case on contingency. Or, start saving your pennies to give him a modest down payment for services rendered. I have such a rainy day fund.

Freedom1Man

Thanks Tess,
I'm sorry for being a newbie here and new to discussion groups in general. There sure seem to be a lot of cranky people on these things - anyway, I was thinking what a great thing this would be, if it were for real. If it seems too good to be true, it usually isn't.

Don't worry, if you searched found it and then commented on it people would still gripe about it. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't in this forum sometimes.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thanks Tess,

Don't worry, if you searched found it and then commented on it people would still gripe about it. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't in this forum sometimes.

A few were born that way and a few more just work harder at it. :p

By and large the user/posters on this forum are the most sincere, responsible, and dedicated of any forum with which I have been associated - great bunch of people that I am proud to call my brothers and sisters.

garyd

True that

Ol' Skid mark was the first to climb on my case and he turned out to be the best resource I've ever had.
So, I agree, this is a fine group of folks and it's a comfort to know they are out there. It's just hard for an old guy like me to reach around and treat the teeth marks on my butt.

Anybody following the McMillan B of A story?

scott58dh

Another Good Option

One of the few sites that I've found that have a lot of info to offer is the Second Amendment Foundation.
LINK;:arrow: http://www.saf.org/
Check it out & let me know what you think, if you want to.
Aside from being an NRA member, my next option of joining a pro RKBA organization will be the SAF.

:cool: PEACE & RKBA FOREVER !

DEFEND FREEDOM
SUPPORT NRA
DEFEAT OBAMA

MyWifeSaidYes

I originally got a membership to USCCA to get their magazine, which I like.

This year, to keep their insurance plan an actual, legal insurance plan, all members have to be a part of that plan. So, my $30/year membership has become a $130/year membership (Higher amounts for more coverage).

I kept the membership because I wanted a similar coverage from a local law group. I don't know what level of quality the USCCA plan has because I haven't had to use it (and hopefully won't).

Last edited: