• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fountain Walmat Night Manager experience

Logan 5

Have copies of the documents supporting your side with you to give the GM, and make sure you record it. A small digital recorder works great, and Colorado is a Single-Party state. So long as you know you're recoding yourself and others, it's legal.
http://www.rcfp.org/can-we-tape/colorado

jhco50

Well, the other night I had filed complaints with Walmart headquarters and so far, not a phone call or even a letter to acknowledge my effort. But, you fellas mentioned that I call lower managers so today I called the store manager and explained the problem. I explained that I have shopped at the store for about 15 years, open carrying for the last two years. I told him about the experience with his night manager (seems there is more than one night manager) and he asked for a description. I explained that he did not know the laws of our state or Walmart's policies concerning local laws and he told me he knew about them. He then said he would straighten out his manager as he is not supposed to approach a customer, even an open carrier unless there is a sign of trouble. He told me to ignore the minor manager and go about my shopping at my leisure. I thanked him and our conversation was through. Looks like it is all straightened out.

Now, I think we should have a get together at the Subway inside the store for coffee. If interested, let's do it.

Last edited:

JamesB

Suddenly I 'm actually wondering if it actually was the manager that approached you. I can remember a time in my past when I claimed a small position of authority that I didn't deserve, kind of similar circumstances too...

jhco50

Tell me when.

How about Thursday evening at 6PM. Would that give everyone time to get off work? I picked Thursday because Saturday I have to go to Avondale and rebuild a door jamb. Friday, my wife will come home tired and demand me take her out to eat.

Give me suggestions if that doesn't work.

jhco50

Lol! Too late for Monday noon.

I can't do Thursday, as that's graduation from the Citizens Academy. Not Friday, either.

I'm free Wednesday evening.

I'm thinking you are just trying to get out of buying me a cup of coffee. Tell you what. There is a cafe in my neck of the woods called Dads Qwik Inn. Load it into your GPS and meet me there tomorrow and I will buy you a cup of coffee. Be there about 12 pm (noon). You will love the place. They call me cowboy there because I carry. LOL If any of the old guys come in I will introduce you to the "Old guys intellectual and coffee club". If you just can't make it tomorrow, call me and we will do it Wednesday evening.

I would introduce you to my two youngest granddaughters but I put them on a plane to Texas Saturday. I already miss them. The house got really empty.

Last edited:

jhco50

Well, looks like I will be at Walmart both Wednesday and Thursday at 6 PM. Anyone wishing to come by and drink coffee is welcome. I will be in the Subway. BTW, seniors get coffee at a discount.

I will be the good looking guy with gray hair. LOL

Last edited:

jhco50

Well, I was free... I've got a lot of work to do on a project between now and Monday. Perhaps next week?

Hopefully someone will join you Thursday!

- since9

Thursday I got there and had them make a fresh pot of coffee.......Man it was lonely drinking that coffee. :O ..........Both days.