• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

taser are they legal here in nevada

Steve Larson

I was wondering the same... They sell them in some of the gun shops, but I didn't know if there was a permit/license needed (See how Canadian I am? sigh), plus, they are illegal where I'm from, so I would need some kind of storage area in Vegas to put my "American toys" for my visits.

Frantic84

I was wondering the same... They sell them in some of the gun shops, but I didn't know if there was a permit/license needed (See how Canadian I am? sigh), plus, they are illegal where I'm from, so I would need some kind of storage area in Vegas to put my "American toys" for my visits.

According to Nevada law NRS 202.253, only guns that emit projectiles "through the barrel by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion" are classified as firearms.

Both law enforcement and private citizens may own and use Taser guns. However, a person cannot use an electronic stun device on another person for any purpose other than self-defense. Certain persons are prohibited from owning electronic stun devices, including: those convicted of a felony; a fugitive from justice; the mentally ill; illegal residents of the U.S.; children under the age of 18.

Read more: Taser Gun Regulation in Nevada | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7192217_taser-gun-regulation-nevada.html#ixzz1v70SpqH0

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I don't see anything that would make them illegal, but concealment thereof may not be legal. It may also be subject to local regulations.

NRS 202.350 Manufacture, importation, possession or use of dangerous weapon or silencer; carrying concealed weapon without permit; penalties; issuance of permit to carry concealed weapon; exceptions.
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section and NRS 202.355 and 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, a person within this State shall not:
(a) Manufacture or cause to be manufactured, or import into the State, or keep, offer or expose for sale, or give, lend or possess any knife which is made an integral part of a belt buckle or any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a switchblade knife, blackjack, slungshot, billy, sand-club, sandbag or metal knuckles;
(b) Manufacture or cause to be manufactured, or import into the State, or keep, offer or expose for sale, or give, lend, possess or use a machine gun or a silencer, unless authorized by federal law;
(c) With the intent to inflict harm upon the person of another, possess or use a nunchaku or trefoil; or
(d) Carry concealed upon his or her person any:
(1) Explosive substance, other than ammunition or any components thereof;
(2) Dirk, dagger or machete;
(3) Pistol, revolver or other firearm, or other dangerous or deadly weapon; or
(4) Knife which is made an integral part of a belt buckle.

Is a tazer "dangerous?" Quite possibly. The law may be unconstitutionally vague, but it might take a court case to determine.

In Nevada vs. Knight, a steak knife was not held to be a dirk or dagger, but a conviction for carrying a concealed weapon was upheld on the basis that it was an "other dangerous or deadly weapon." A dirk or dagger is a gross misdemeanor to conceal, but "other dangerous or deadly weapon," is a felony to conceal, although at the time of Knight both were the same penalty.

Last edited:

jdholmes

Why would you conceal anyway?

I suppose if it is a woman in her purse...

For me in this heat I have no desire to conceal anything.

Frantic84

my brother carries the x26, hes works for sac state police, and guess who was the guinea pig for testing? me lol, i got owned, being tazed, sucks

want to scare your brother A little?

"a person cannot use an electronic stun device on another person for any purpose other than self-defense"

blackmail? :lol: :dude: ;)

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I think a TASER can be a useful device, but I don't like the TASER company. It strikes me the wrong way how they refuse to sell their best models to civilians. I can't wait for their patent to expire and for a competitor to pop up that I can buy an alternative model from.