• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy here.

Michael Cornett

Hi everyone, I am from Harlan County and I open carry my glock 20 10mm proudly everyday. Glad to be a new member of the forums.

Acuzio

Welcome, these guys are some of the most informed you'll run into. They also provide a laugh from time to time so its always nice to load up the page for a read.

09jisaac

Hi everyone, I am from Harlan County and I open carry my glock 20 10mm proudly everyday. Glad to be a new member of the forums.

I enjoy posts like this. This guy comes and introduces himself. Not like most that their first (usually only) post is to ask questions already answered.

I am glad you came to OCDO, if you have any questions (usually carry/firearm related) just ask. A lot of people on this forum is knowledgeable about anything firearm related, and most will be happy to share their knowledge with you.

Welcome

DrakeZ07

Welcome to our wondrous sub-forum~ make yourself at home~ The smokers lounge is down the hall, on the left, you'll find refreshments in the fridge, Glockster mans the bar and soda fountain. Personal therapy and anger management can be found in the room to your right, with targets set up at 25, 50, 100, and 300yds. Here's your complimentary hug and muffin *offers both <3*

Michael Cornett

There is some very informative reading in this forum, I can guarantee I will be a active member here, I love guns and am a firm believer in the 2nd A. I am a army vet so I feel its my duty to defend our constitutional rights.

hotrod

There is some very informative reading in this forum, I can guarantee I will be a active member here, I love guns and am a firm believer in the 2nd A. I am a army vet so I feel its my duty to defend our constitutional rights.

Michael, welcome to the forum. I want to thank you for your service and please feel free to ask any questions. Someone here will know the answer or will be able to direct you to the answer. Carry On!!

DrakeZ07

I second Hotrod's appreciate of your service; thank you for it, and your time spent in our armed services, and you deserve a second muffin for that~ ^^

Saint Expeditus

I am new as well. I don't really open carry (the wife doesn't want to be hassled / embarrassed when we are out) but I have found this forum educational and entertaining.

neuroblades

I'd like to welcome BOTH of our 2 new memebrs to the boards here at OCDO. We work to try to provide everyone with the information that they need in a timely manner. Have fun and enjoy the OCDO forums to its full extent.

hotrod

I am new as well. I don't really open carry (the wife doesn't want to be hassled / embarrassed when we are out) but I have found this forum educational and entertaining.

My wife felt the same way. She believed it would cause problems when we were out, until the one day. We were out on a Saturday evening and had just left Dee Felice's in downtown Covington, Ky. As we cut across the street to the parking lot, and she was walking 20 paces in front of me, a young man ran across the street and asked her for money. It scared her because of how he came out of no where. I asked if there was something I could do for him, he saw me and bounced out of there. I don't think he saw my Kimber Pro Carry .45, but my wife appreciates my carrying now.

09jisaac

My wife felt the same way. She believed it would cause problems when we were out, until the one day. We were out on a Saturday evening and had just left Dee Felice's in downtown Covington, Ky. As we cut across the street to the parking lot, and she was walking 20 paces in front of me, a young man ran across the street and asked her for money. It scared her because of how he came out of no where. I asked if there was something I could do for him, he saw me and bounced out of there. I don't think he saw my Kimber Pro Carry .45, but my wife appreciates my carrying now.

It is a great thing when female companions agree with firearm usage.

@Saint, don't worry about it. Most people don't even notice your firearm, then the next largest group is indifferent about you carrying (at least indifferent not to say/do anything) and the smallest two groups are the ones that are openly for/against you carrying.

Acuzio

Nice to see a vet around, Trying to join myself. Just need some upper body strength to manage the pushups lol.

UnfetteredMight

Michael, welcome to the forums and I thank you for your service as well. Although I feel it is much our duty as civilians as yours as a soldier to protect and defend the Constitution. Far too many have lost sight of that.

Saint, a warm welcome to you as well, the more the merrier. Also as has been stated, most people won't even notice and I even OC a shiny stainless steel PT92 and can still say that. Honestly, from what I've gleaned from other forums, Kentucky is absolutely one of the best states to OC in. Firearms have just been so ingrained into our culture, that 99% don't care or are respectful enough to keep their opinions to themselves. But regardless, your mode of carry is irrelevant, just as long as you carry.

self preservation

My wife bought me a Glock .40 and a Serpa holster for valentines day a couple of years back. I had done very little OC prior to this mainly because all I owned at the time was a .22 revolver (too small for self defense, plus it is a single action) and a 357 magnum six shooter (damn good for self defense but a beast to carry) Anyhow, for about a week I carried my new Glock, but as time went on I didnt carry as much in fear that she really didnt want me to carry for the same reasons as your wife. Then one day we were about to leave the house to go to the store (I was walking out the front door without my gun) and she looked at me and said "I didnt buy that damn gun and holster for it to sit on your night stand." Music to my ears. She said she feels safer when we are out and about and I am armed. She said she never really had much to do with firearms prior to meeting me, but now she sees the great benefits in always having one near by. So maybe your wife will come around like mine did.

Saint Expeditus

My wife bought me a Glock .40 and a Serpa holster for valentines day a couple of years back. I had done very little OC prior to this mainly because all I owned at the time was a .22 revolver (too small for self defense, plus it is a single action) and a 357 magnum six shooter (damn good for self defense but a beast to carry) Anyhow, for about a week I carried my new Glock, but as time went on I didnt carry as much in fear that she really didnt want me to carry for the same reasons as your wife. Then one day we were about to leave the house to go to the store (I was walking out the front door without my gun) and she looked at me and said "I didnt buy that damn gun and holster for it to sit on your night stand." Music to my ears. She said she feels safer when we are out and about and I am armed. She said she never really had much to do with firearms prior to meeting me, but now she sees the great benefits in always having one near by. So maybe your wife will come around like mine did.

Oh, she is fine with me carrying concealed which I do as much as is practicable. As summer rolls around and concealing the not so compact HK USPc becomes more of a challenge, I have been thinking about open carry more seriously. There is also a part of me that thinks it is a right that needs to be exercised.

She is pretty close to coming around on open carry.

I appreciate everyone's warm welcome.

Last edited: