Thread: American Idol

American Idol

Watching American Idol tonite (guilty pleasure) and it's the episode when they take the Top Three back for a home town visit. Well Phillip Phillips was taken to see his dad who owns a pawn shop and his ol' man is open carrying. No attempt by Fox to hide it,blur it or not photograph it. The kicker is he continues to wear it in the limo ride and Ryan Seacrest makes a comment about the ol man packing heat when they get back to live TV, and not in a demeaning manner. Just sharing an observation.

This is not as shocking as you admitting to watching American Idol!
    Last edited by BigDave; 05-17-2012 at 01:33 AM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    This is not as shocking as you admitting to watching American Idol!
    Hence my "guilty pleasure" disclaimer. LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenox View Post
    Watching American Idol tonite (guilty pleasure) and it's the episode when they take the Top Three back for a home town visit. Well Phillip Phillips was taken to see his dad who owns a pawn shop and his ol' man is open carrying. No attempt by Fox to hide it,blur it or not photograph it. The kicker is he continues to wear it in the limo ride and Ryan Seacrest makes a comment about the ol man packing heat when they get back to live TV, and not in a demeaning manner. Just sharing an observation.
    Yah my wife and I noticed that too. It made the night...seeing open carry on one of the most watched shows on TV. Makes me want Philip Phillips to win even more now.

My Sweet Baboo and I caught that too. Pretty fun to see.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Well, the dude who's dad Open Carried on American idol has won!
    Live Free or Die!

Open Carry = WIN!
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.