• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Remember David Pyles? March 2010, Medford, civil rights violated?

We-the-People

David Pyles was having "issues" at work (ODOT) and filed grievances through his union. Then the "fun" began.

Medford PD, the OSP, Jackson Co Sheriffs, and others went to work for ODOT. They surrounded Pyles home with three SWAT teams because he LEGALLY purchased firearms through an FFL (complete with OSP background check). They then proceeded to "not arrest" arrest him, confiscate his weapons from inside the house, and haul him in for a psyche eval (which cleared him within a couple of hours). ALL without any search or arrest warrants.

He has NEVER been convicted of any crime in connection with this blatant and unlawful abuse of power, NEVER EVEN CHARGED with ANYTHING! Yet the fiasco continues and ODOT continues to harass him.

Here's a Bill Meyers show podcast of an interview with David.
http://www.oregonedeals.com/podcast/?p=episode&name=2012-05-14_05-14-12-monday-7am.mp3

We-the-People

I have sent Kevin a thank you this evening as well as a message of support to David.

It is rediculous that a law abiding citizen can have his life disrupted and destroyed by government officials (ODOT, MPD, OSP, and the rest) and not be able to have his greivances redressed a full two years after the abuses. No, rediculous is to soft a word, disgusting is more appropriate.