Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill to redo Stand Your Ground in Michigan.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Bill to redo Stand Your Ground in Michigan.

BREAKING NEWS: Rep. Bledsoe, Rep. Stanley and Rep. Oakes are planning a press conference to announce the introduction of their legislation to repeal the Castle Doctrine this afternoon immediately following House session in Room 428 of the Capitol Building at Lansing. The press release indicates that the bill introduction is in response to the Constitutional Carry rally that MCRGO Attorney Steve Dulan will be speaking at on Saturday.

From MCRGOs facebook page.

The organizers of the rally are getting some media interviews since this was announced. Show up Saturday to protest the BILL as well as support Con Carry.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

The bill will repeal the entire statute that went into affect in 2006.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs down A$$hats in charge!

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    The bill will repeal the entire statute that went into affect in 2006.
    What reasoning did they cite? Has there been some huge increase in people just shooting people willy-nilly in their homes for no reason? We need a huge turn out to show our displeasure with this kind of idiotic legislating! To put it as nicely as I can: what a bunch of copulating richard craniums!
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

If this bullsh!t gets threw and SB59 get put on the back burner we are more F***ed than we realize. Maybe we should ask the senators if they want to be treated like the brits when they tried to take our country?

Banned
    I called. They said that the law encourages vigilantism, I asked what proof he had of this. The response was "The law itself". I said no, without material evidence, what you have is an opinion. He cited the Florida Trevon case as an excuse.

I also gave the number to a friend who will call, and give the # to his freinds and family who will call.

********** <------- censored!
    Last edited by stainless1911; 05-17-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Banned
    Rep. Tim Bledsoe

517 373 0154
    Last edited by stainless1911; 05-17-2012 at 03:10 PM.

they can introduce it all they want, they have no majority at any level of state gov and i don't see this gaining any traction. it was a democrat gov who signed those bills.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Banned
    Nothing good has passed, I wouldn't be too incredibly suprised if this did.

I think that they are testing the waters here, getting ready for next term.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Nothing good has passed, I wouldn't be too incredibly suprised if this did.

I think that they are testing the waters here, getting ready for next term.
    the good/bad thing about the public is that they have a very short memory. things these days have a shelf life, and if this isn't successful now I don't see it being successful in the future. our current reps have not done any good, but in an election year i can't see them doing this, they will already have enough pressure on them from the unions and other special interest groups that feel they were unfairly targeted by the recent MI GOP tax structure changes.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Exclamation What a bunch of road-apples straight from the donkey's back side

Tim Bledsoe
    Democrat, District 1
    House of Representatives
    Hometown: Grosse Pointe
    Contact by Phone
    Phone: 517-373-0154
    Fax: 517-373-6094
    Contact by Email
    timbledsoe@house.mi.gov
    Website
    http://001.housedems.com/
    Address
    S0585 House Office Building
    P.O. Box 30014
    Lansing, MI 48909

----------------------------

Rep. Woodrow Stanley (D - 34)

Democrat, District 34
    House of Representatives
    Hometown: Flint
    Contact by Phone
    Phone: 517-373-8808
    Fax: 517-373-5997
    Contact by Email
    woodrowstanley@house.mi.gov
    Website
    http://034.housedems.com/
    Address
    N-0798 House Office Building
    P.O. Box 30014
    Lansing, MI 48909

----------------------------

Rep. Stacey Oakes (D - 95)
    Democrat District 95
    Saginaw, MI
    Capitol Email
    StacyErwinOakes@house.mi.gov

Capitol Website
    http://095.housedems.com/

Capitol
    N 1199 House Office Building, Post Office Box 30014
    Lansing, MI 48909-7514
    Phone: 517-373-0152
    Fax: 517-373-8738
    Toll Free: 855-347-8095
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

I hope this is going nowhere but knowing politicians We are likely to get back stabbed.

Called to voice my displeasure at his support for this bill and stated my family, friends and associates will do whatever is in our power to make sure he is never re-elected if he continues to press this bill forward. How dare he attempt to take an individuals right to defend himself.

Duty to retreat my butt, you mean give the crook a chance to stab or shoot me in the back.
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

This bill is ridiculous. Leave it the people in power to leave us powerless.

Banned
    Well said man, very well said

I suggest, these individuals be dropped off in a ghetto hood, in their suits and nothing but a cell phone and see how far they get calling 911, when the gang bangers come calling.
    live every day like its your last cause one day you will be right

Banned
    Detroit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcqueen37 View Post
    I suggest, these individuals be dropped off in a ghetto hood, in their suits and nothing but a cell phone and see how far they get calling 911, when the gang bangers come calling.
    Good idea, I sent him the following email.

How about you and your buddies go down to Detroit with your nice suits and cellphones and see how well you stand your ground waiting for the police to show up?

hahaha

Lol

That's why we need all that can make it to show up on Saturday...

I don't know what to say. Wow.

I have 2 kids ages 2 and 4. I will have a newborn next week. Anyone who has kids can agree that when you need them to move fast, they generally don't. If yours do, congrats. While I'm retreating I have to take them with me. This takes time. By the time I get to them to even attempt to get them out of the way shots may have been fired against us. They may have stabbed one of us. so on and so forth. The Castle Doctrine is the only thing that allows me to "legally" have a fighting chance.

I will be putting in a call come morning. Stand your ground law must not be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnysgt View Post
    This is in response to the CLSD rally because CLSD was behind getting SB59 shot down. CLSD has alot of clout with the senate and they listen to them. Thanks CLSD. Here you go again.
    Pat what proof do you have to your claim?

Hello,

I've been reading this forum without signing up for about two months now. I really enjoy the information and general atmosphere here so I kept following the posts. Today I woke up to enjoy my morning caffeine and read the news and was horrified to hear about discussion of repealing the stand your ground law. I immediately checked here hoping to see a thread about it and because I was so angry I had to finally join.

I cannot believe the ignorance of these politicians. In the MyFox Detroit article I posted below the dozen Michigan law makers proposing this repeal are quoted saying:

"Michigan's went into effect on October 1, 2006. Now, these politicians say they're not aware as of yet that this law has lead to any unnecessary violence, but they want to prevent it from happening."

So let me get this straight. There have been no known incidents of unnecessary violence as a result of this bill, but you want to repeal it? In 2011 in Detroit there were approximately 344 murders, (http://chamspage.blogspot.com/2011/1...uary-thru.html), which makes me wonder what they consider unnecessary violence? In my opinion a murder is when a bad guy takes the life of an innocent person. A justified act of self defense is when a citizen takes the life of a bad guy to save their own, or the lives of others. How would these politicians define unnecessary violence, and more importantly how would they make the connection to the stand your ground law?

If a bad person has a CPL and follows and murders someone in cold blood, they did not murder someone simply because they had a CPL and the stand your ground law exists. They would have just as easily carried the pistol that was legally registered to them and killed the person even if stand your ground didn't exist. The same goes for stolen/illegal weapons used in the commission of a crime, the bad guys don't care about the laws. It's not as if people who do not have criminal records and qualify for a CPL never commit crimes. I know this is nothing new to you guys, but I had to get this off my chest. We need more armed citizens who are law abiding and responsible.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ed-20120517-ms
    Last edited by jrt0827; 05-18-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Banned
    Welcome aboard.

This is easy to address. Start a recall camapaign against these reps. We did it in the early 1980's, so why not now?

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: Rep. Bledsoe, Rep. Stanley and Rep. Oakes are planning a press conference to announce the introduction of their legislation to repeal the Castle Doctrine this afternoon immediately following House session in Room 428 of the Capitol Building at Lansing. The press release indicates that the bill introduction is in response to the Constitutional Carry rally that MCRGO Attorney Steve Dulan will be speaking at on Saturday.

From MCRGOs facebook page.

The organizers of the rally are getting some media interviews since this was announced. Show up Saturday to protest the BILL as well as support Con Carry.
    Last edited by Bailenforcer; 05-18-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Thumbs down What this really is - A ploy to get free media & name recog. before Nov. Elections!

This cross eyed goof is just doing this to get re-elected (he thinks).

Warning reading linked info. may induce nausea!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Bledsoe

Stanley was recalled as Flint Mayor in 2002!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodrow_Stanley

Oakes is the female PC face they've got.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stacy_Erwin_Oakes

Also note, where the other two Reps. that are pushing this are from: FLINT & SAGINAW! Two very high crime areas (mini Detroits) Funny how those who represent people who need to be able to defend themselves more than ever are always trying to deny them the right to do so???
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 05-18-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast