• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill to redo Stand Your Ground in Michigan.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
BREAKING NEWS: Rep. Bledsoe, Rep. Stanley and Rep. Oakes are planning a press conference to announce the introduction of their legislation to repeal the Castle Doctrine this afternoon immediately following House session in Room 428 of the Capitol Building at Lansing. The press release indicates that the bill introduction is in response to the Constitutional Carry rally that MCRGO Attorney Steve Dulan will be speaking at on Saturday.

From MCRGOs facebook page.

The organizers of the rally are getting some media interviews since this was announced. Show up Saturday to protest the BILL as well as support Con Carry.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
A$$hats in charge!

The bill will repeal the entire statute that went into affect in 2006.

What reasoning did they cite? Has there been some huge increase in people just shooting people willy-nilly in their homes for no reason? We need a huge turn out to show our displeasure with this kind of idiotic legislating! To put it as nicely as I can: what a bunch of copulating richard craniums! :mad:

WilDChilD

If this bullsh!t gets threw and SB59 get put on the back burner we are more F***ed than we realize. Maybe we should ask the senators if they want to be treated like the brits when they tried to take our country?

stainless1911

Banned
I called. They said that the law encourages vigilantism, I asked what proof he had of this. The response was "The law itself". I said no, without material evidence, what you have is an opinion. He cited the Florida Trevon case as an excuse.

I also gave the number to a friend who will call, and give the # to his freinds and family who will call.

********** <------- censored!

Last edited:

detroit_fan

they can introduce it all they want, they have no majority at any level of state gov and i don't see this gaining any traction. it was a democrat gov who signed those bills.

detroit_fan

Nothing good has passed, I wouldn't be too incredibly suprised if this did.

I think that they are testing the waters here, getting ready for next term. :mad::eek:

the good/bad thing about the public is that they have a very short memory. things these days have a shelf life, and if this isn't successful now I don't see it being successful in the future. our current reps have not done any good, but in an election year i can't see them doing this, they will already have enough pressure on them from the unions and other special interest groups that feel they were unfairly targeted by the recent MI GOP tax structure changes.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
What a bunch of road-apples straight from the donkey's back side

Tim Bledsoe
Democrat, District 1
House of Representatives
Hometown: Grosse Pointe
Contact by Phone
Phone: 517-373-0154
Fax: 517-373-6094
Contact by Email
timbledsoe@house.mi.gov
Website
http://001.housedems.com/
Address
S0585 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909

----------------------------

Rep. Woodrow Stanley (D - 34)

Democrat, District 34
House of Representatives
Hometown: Flint
Contact by Phone
Phone: 517-373-8808
Fax: 517-373-5997
Contact by Email
woodrowstanley@house.mi.gov
Website
http://034.housedems.com/
Address
N-0798 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909

----------------------------

Rep. Stacey Oakes (D - 95)
Democrat District 95
Saginaw, MI
Capitol Email
StacyErwinOakes@house.mi.gov

Capitol Website
http://095.housedems.com/

Capitol
N 1199 House Office Building, Post Office Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
Phone: 517-373-0152
Fax: 517-373-8738
Toll Free: 855-347-8095

Hevymetal

Called to voice my displeasure at his support for this bill and stated my family, friends and associates will do whatever is in our power to make sure he is never re-elected if he continues to press this bill forward. How dare he attempt to take an individuals right to defend himself.

Duty to retreat my butt, you mean give the crook a chance to stab or shoot me in the back.

stainless1911

Banned
I suggest, these individuals be dropped off in a ghetto hood, in their suits and nothing but a cell phone and see how far they get calling 911, when the gang bangers come calling.

Good idea, I sent him the following email.

How about you and your buddies go down to Detroit with your nice suits and cellphones and see how well you stand your ground waiting for the police to show up?

hahaha

gunnysgt

If this bullsh!t gets threw and SB59 get put on the back burner we are more F***ed than we realize. Maybe we should ask the senators if they want to be treated like the brits when they tried to take our country?

This is in response to the CLSD rally because CLSD was behind getting SB59 shot down. CLSD has alot of clout with the senate and they listen to them. Thanks CLSD. Here you go again.