• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun at home

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
These are two Copperheads that won't be biting any more Great Danes.
They were on my front walk. I'm going out tonight and turn over stump, log and branch for a hundred yards,

snakes.jpg

Marco

My head count for the yr is six:

The last was taken on my porch, she wass sitting on the first step. Some how she missed both the dogs but she damn near got me (hit my shoe).
I had to repair part of the porch after my ears quit ringing...

The mild winter and the warm, raining days have really made them more of a problem this yr

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

The last was taken on my porch, she wass sitting on the first step. Some how she missed both the dogs but she damn near got me (hit my shoe).

The mild winter and the warm, raining days have really made them more of a problem this yr

Every blasted year I get them. Normally they're pretty tame but it's mating season and they get downright nasty.:banghead:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Caliber and ammo you shot them with?

I had a baby at the end of the driveway and one in my neighbours last year.

I saw a 10 inch or so water moccasin on the street a week ago.

22 snakeshot. I keep a loaded rifle on the porch just for that.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
22 snakeshot work good in a handgun?
I have it loaded in my 22 handgun but no idea how well it will work out of a small barrel.

It won't cycle a semi but it works fine out of a revolver. It's good out to about ten feet, a tad less out of a handgun.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Shoe? I've never known you to wear shoes. When did that start? Oh, let me guess... when venomous snakes started getting too close for comfort.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I think you should turn those two little fellas into a collar for Zeus. Poetic justice, you know? :cool:

I think Zeus has been close enough to them for one week. Between the IV's, shots and sitting up with him around the clock changing cold compresses every fifteen minutes, I'll be happy if he never gets near one again.

eamelhorn

My son got me a Taurus Judge for my b/day last year. I keep 2 .410 6 shot for my frist 2 rounds just for copper heads, so far havent saw any, but have gave afew garder snakes a stay of exacution. I dont shot them, but they may want to start running.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think you should turn those two little fellas into a collar for Zeus. Poetic justice, you know? :cool:

Zeus doesn't wear a collar.

Now something with a cinch and belly band might be more in keeping.

When Peter needs to rein him in, he just grabs him by the halter.

:lol: :lol: