• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Getting out of the Corps and would like to do a meetup sometime

cpgrad08

It's been a long time since I have posted on here. But as stated on May 22nd I will be on terminal leave and will be driving home to Lakewood from Camp Pendleton, CA. When I get back I would like to do a meetup with my fellow OCers since I will be living in Washington permently from then on. ( Yes Im Already a WA resident and do have my CPL). So if anybody was any suggestions that would be nice.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Thanks for your service, and welcome back to WA. Best thing to do is just post a date/time/location of your choosing, if not you will get a different answer with each post. Are you looking for work? If so the place I work at is hiring, just PM me.

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
There are a couple regular meetups the closest to you would be in Federal Way on the second Saturday of the month.

Dave in Edmonds

If such things matter to you, most of the ranger officers at Wade's Eastside Guns are Marines. Those that aren't are all ex-military of some sort.

Thank you for your service and welcome home.

patriot.gif

decklin

Yeah, you know I applied for a job at Wade's. They offered $10/hr.
40 min commute one way plus traffic? Needless to say I did not accept the job. They told me there would be no room for advancement for at least a year. It would have actually cost me money to work there.

Schlepnier

Welcome home marine.

As with the rest of us here we appreciate your sevice and protecting out rights.

As for meet up keep an eye on the forums we have a second saturday meetup in federal way every month and if you want to go a bit south down here in the lacey area we have just started a true south sound monthly meetup. we should bee looking at doing another cookout or something to as we get into summer.

Dave in Edmonds

Yeah, you know I applied for a job at Wade's. They offered $10/hr.
40 min commute one way plus traffic? Needless to say I did not accept the job. They told me there would be no room for advancement for at least a year. It would have actually cost me money to work there.

Your point would be what?

Mine was that if he wanted a friendly place to shoot, Wade's has a lot of young men working there that he could relate to.

decklin

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were posting as a potential place of employment.

cpgrad08

Thanks for the info guys. I will be starting my drive back Tuesday. Can't wait to meet my fellow OCers in the future.