Thread: news 2 at 11:00

news 2 at 11:00

A coworker told me today, news 2 at 11:00 in WS will have some sort of OC report about some loophole. I cant stay up to watch it so if someone is up at that time, they may want to turn it on and post back here later. I can just imagine with the word loophole.

it was a stupid hit piece put out by the bias news 2 bunch. i have left a comment on it

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/a...es-Gun-Permits

in one of the statements of a LEO, he wonders if it is a money thing . well i wonder if it's a money thing that you are not getting the money, Eh

it mostly a matter of control on the NC sheriffs
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Just posted myself. Bla, bla, bla. Most of us already knew this though. I find it somewhat amusing when the news folks finally catch up.

How much does a Florida CCW permit cost? Is it $117 as listed in the article? If that's the case, why in the world would folks want to get a permit there instead of here? Why not go to another state that's much cheaper, yet still issues out of state licenses?

Quote Originally Posted by Medic1210 View Post
    How much does a Florida CCW permit cost? Is it $117 as listed in the article? If that's the case, why in the world would folks want to get a permit there instead of here? Why not go to another state that's much cheaper, yet still issues out of state licenses?

There are a few reasons why people get FL permits.
    1) they have about the most reciprocity of any permit out there, because they've been doing it longer than anyone else,
    2) they are HEAVILY marketed by the press and by CC advocate groups, so everyone knows about them,
    3) They are good for 7 years. The fee of $117 seems high, until you pro-rate it out over the life of the permit. At $17/year, and only having to go through the hassle of renewing every 7 years, a lot of people think it's a bargain...

In fairness, I have a NC and 2 non-res permits (UT and PA) but I do not have a FL permit.

I will be turning in my NC permit soon, because I recently changed my residency to Maryland (I have 30 days to turn it in, per NC statute), and I will probably be replacing it with a VA non-res permit. None of my permits do me any good in MD, but having multiple permits is a good idea for me, because I travel a lot in VA and PA anyway...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964