• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

news 2 at 11:00

nobama

A coworker told me today, news 2 at 11:00 in WS will have some sort of OC report about some loophole. I cant stay up to watch it so if someone is up at that time, they may want to turn it on and post back here later. I can just imagine with the word loophole.

chiefjason

Just posted myself. Bla, bla, bla. Most of us already knew this though. I find it somewhat amusing when the news folks finally catch up.

Medic1210

How much does a Florida CCW permit cost? Is it $117 as listed in the article? If that's the case, why in the world would folks want to get a permit there instead of here? Why not go to another state that's much cheaper, yet still issues out of state licenses?

Dreamer

How much does a Florida CCW permit cost? Is it $117 as listed in the article? If that's the case, why in the world would folks want to get a permit there instead of here? Why not go to another state that's much cheaper, yet still issues out of state licenses?

There are a few reasons why people get FL permits.
1) they have about the most reciprocity of any permit out there, because they've been doing it longer than anyone else,
2) they are HEAVILY marketed by the press and by CC advocate groups, so everyone knows about them,
3) They are good for 7 years. The fee of $117 seems high, until you pro-rate it out over the life of the permit. At $17/year, and only having to go through the hassle of renewing every 7 years, a lot of people think it's a bargain...

In fairness, I have a NC and 2 non-res permits (UT and PA) but I do not have a FL permit.

I will be turning in my NC permit soon, because I recently changed my residency to Maryland (I have 30 days to turn it in, per NC statute), and I will probably be replacing it with a VA non-res permit. None of my permits do me any good in MD, but having multiple permits is a good idea for me, because I travel a lot in VA and PA anyway...