Thread: For those interested...

For those interested...

I work at Albert G. Horton Veteran cemetery. Friday for memorial day, we will be helping out the scouts, and veterans, put out flags on all of our fallen soldiers resting place. If any one is interested in coming to help, please do. Also, that Monday, the holiday,we will be hosting a ceremony in honor if those who have fallen.

Hope to see some of you there. Its located in Suffolk VA, on 5310 Milners rd.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Remind us what the order of the day is there, OC, CC, NC (No Carry)?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Remind us what the order of the day is there, OC, CC, NC (No Carry)?
    Per http://www.dvs.virginia.gov/cemetery_horton.shtml it is a Virginia Department of Veterans Services facility. Nothing on their website indicates a rule about banning O/C Carry. Being a state agency DVS is not constrained by preemption. Asking them ahead of time will just get them to say "No".

If you do OC be prepared for some questioning looks and a possible interaction with facility staff and/or State Police. (If local cops show up ask them politely and gently how they presume to have jurisdiction. They just might have some cooperative agreement with the State Police.)

But then, whenever we OC we are prepared (mentally and with digital recorder) for any possible interactions, aren't we?

Hopefully some of the Scouts in attendance will ask you for a lesson in freedom.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Per http://www.dvs.virginia.gov/cemetery_horton.shtml it is a Virginia Department of Veterans Services facility. Nothing on their website indicates a rule about banning O/C Carry. Being a state agency DVS is not constrained by preemption. Asking them ahead of time will just get them to say "No".

If you do OC be prepared for some questioning looks and a possible interaction with facility staff and/or State Police. (If local cops show up ask them politely and gently how they presume to have jurisdiction. They just might have some cooperative agreement with the State Police.)

But then, whenever we OC we are prepared (mentally and with digital recorder) for any possible interactions, aren't we?

Hopefully some of the Scouts in attendance will ask you for a lesson in freedom.

stay safe.
    This. My supervisor, and three Co- workers carry. I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

Wanting to give a small update. It as of now will be starting around 3-3:30pm. Will post a update if the time changes.

Another update, flags will be starting to get put out at 4pm Friday. Soon as I find out about Mondays adventures, I'll post it here.

Why did this get moved to general discussion? It is Virginia specific and open carry is being discussed in conjunction with the OP. I won't be able to make it but it seems like a worthwhile event and I hope it goes well.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

If I lived closer to you, I would definitely help out.

However, if there are any members in the S.W. Pennsylvania or northern West Virginia area doing this let me know so I can help out.
    Last edited by Sig229; 05-22-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson