Ten things every gun owner must know about Barack Obama.
Gun Control and the 2012 Presidential Election
"Barack Obama has a long history of being anti-gun, an anti-gun owner and anti-Second Amendment. Here is a list of his stands on guns and gun control:
* Supported ban on assault weapons, mandatory waiting periods & background checks (1996)
* Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
* Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
* Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
* Keep guns out of inner cities–but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
* Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
* Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
* 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
* Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
* Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
* Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
* FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
* April 2008: “Bittergate” labeled Obama elitist. (Apr 2008)
* Opposed bill okaying illegal gun use in home invasions. (Aug 2008)
* Confirms pledge to restore gun ban (Apr 2009)
* Nominates anti-gun Cass Sunstein to head Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (Apr 2009)
* Nominates anti-gun Sonia Sotomayor for Supreme Court (May 2009)
* Reverses position on treaty to regulate arms trade (Oct 2009)
* Busts plan to sell rifles to Americans (Mar 2010)
* Nominates anti-gun Elena Kagan for Supreme Court (May 2010)
* Supports UN Arms Treaty to include all conventional weapons (July 2010)
* Appoints anti-gun Greg Nickels to UN post (Sept 2010)
* Again busts plan to sell rifles to Americans Oct 2010)
* Nominates anti-gun Andrew Traver to head ATF (Nov 2010)
* Signed with anti-gun group IANSA at UN (Feb 2011)
* At UN debate on global gun restrictions (Feb 2011)
* Call for gun reform following Tucson shooting of US Rep Giffords (Mar 2011)
* Says he’s working on gun control under radar and trying to bypass Congress (Mar 2011)
* At UN final Arms Trade Treaty (July 2011)
* Oks administration’s first major gun regulation (July 2011)
* Says he won’t be bound by gun control ban in omnibus (Dec 2011)
* Cuts funds in half for armed pilot counter-terrorism proposal (Feb 2012)
* Sneaks anti-gun measure into 2013 budget proposal (Feb 2012)"
"So where does Mitt Romney really stand on gun control? To be honest, I’m not sure which side of the street he’s on, but I do know for certain that Barack Obama is on the wrong side of the street and if it comes down between the two, Obama is NOT my choice."
Mitt Romney - The Second Amendment,,,Last Updated: Jan 18, 2012
"Governor Romney has been supportive of the second amendment in the general sense while campaigning for the Presidency in 2012, but continued to support an assault weapons ban in the 2008 elections. Since that time, he has stated that he does not believe that the nation wide assault weapons ban should be re-instituted."
"What Obama said in San Francisco seemed to denigrate the very people he was struggling to win: "You go into some of these small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them," Obama told his donors. "Each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are going to regenerate and they have not. So it's not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or antitrade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
The fund-raiser was closed to the press. No one from the Obama campaign even had a recording of the comments. Hillary had argued that she was the real champion of the beleaguered middle class, while Obama was the darling of the latte-drinkers. She said, "Senator Obama's remarks are elitist and out of touch. They are not reflective of the values and beliefs of Americans." Obama tried to backpedal."