• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Midwest City

Oklapatriot

The Midwest City COP stated that they will waste officer time by checking for permits on any person openly carrying a weapon......like the mopes are going to open carry. I think a little profiling and common sense would go a long way towards alleviating this harrasement of citizens legally, openly carrying their weapons. What a pitiful waste of time.

hrdware

The Midwest City COP stated that they will waste officer time by checking for permits on any person openly carrying a weapon......like the mopes are going to open carry. I think a little profiling and common sense would go a long way towards alleviating this harrasement of citizens legally, openly carrying their weapons. What a pitiful waste of time.

Maybe a bunch of us should put on dress shirts and ties and go OC around Midwest City :)

russcook

Perhaps some publicized get-togethers - like park gatherings for a cook-out.
Everyone on best behavior, not looking like slobs or hoodlums, and
policing themselves.

mlr

I believe that a preemptive show of numbers might backfire. It might look to others that we are rubbing their nose in it so to speak. We might appear to be trying to provoke a confrontation before actually knowing that we have a real grievance with how the police are choosing to enforce the Law.

Myself I would wait and see how it goes. I would not be the first to act. I would wait an see if the Government attempts to harass or intimidate open carriers. If and only if that happens I would then organize. It would then be a justified reaction to illegal acts on the part of the Government.

Michael

Aknazer

I live in the Midwest City area, and should I have this issue once I return then it sounds like ill be buying an obviously fake mall ninja badge to hold my CWP by my gun.

Oklapatriot

I see MWC had another shooting this morning. I guess their Officers were out thinking about how their going to harass open carry citizens. Isn't it obvious why we need to pack?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not picking on MWC PD. In fact, I'm sure they are a good bunch of folks. It's just the fact the the Chief of Police opened his mouth and boasted about how they were going to check out every citizen who open carries. The smart thing for him to say would have been something like "The people of Oklahoma have spoken through their representatives and Governor. As a public official, I will respect and defend their decision, even though I don't agree with it for personal reasons."

I'm an old, bald, gray haired man who packs. I will defend my wife and family from all deadly threats with vigor. I MIGHT openly carry, or wear a T-shirt that is a little tight and discloses my weapon. I hoped I would not be harassed by some official that doesn't agree with my decision. I guess I was wrong, at least in MWC. I live in Yukon, and the COP hasn't made any wild statements about checking EVERY open carry citizen. I think I will spend my tax dollars here....

Last edited:

hrdware

I believe that a preemptive show of numbers might backfire. It might look to others that we are rubbing their nose in it so to speak. We might appear to be trying to provoke a confrontation before actually knowing that we have a real grievance with how the police are choosing to enforce the Law.

Myself I would wait and see how it goes. I would not be the first to act. I would wait an see if the Government attempts to harass or intimidate open carriers. If and only if that happens I would then organize. It would then be a justified reaction to illegal acts on the part of the Government.

Michael

It's not rubbing noses in it, it's education and informative. Rubbing noses would be pointing your firearm out to everyone you pass and saying something like, "Oh yaeh, see what I can do now."

Why should people not get together for a cookout at the park? Just that some of those people would be openly carrying.

mlr

It's not rubbing noses in it, it's education and informative. Rubbing noses would be pointing your firearm out to everyone you pass and saying something like, "Oh yaeh, see what I can do now."

Why should people not get together for a cookout at the park? Just that some of those people would be openly carrying.
Big difference between a cookout at the park and marching around town just to be noticed. A meeting at a park for a cookout is something I might go to.

Michael

cbxer55

I'm an old, bald, gray haired man who packs. I will defend my wife and family from all deadly threats with vigor. I MIGHT openly carry, or wear a T-shirt that is a little tight and discloses my weapon. I hoped I would not be harassed by some official that doesn't agree with my decision. I guess I was wrong, at least in MWC. I live in Yukon, and the COP hasn't made any wild statements about checking EVERY open carry citizen. I think I will spend my tax dollars here....

Funny thing is I've been known to wear overly tight shirts while packing. My wife tells me "its pretty obvious you have a gun on when you wear those tight t-shirts". Its how I dress and I've never been hassled about it anywhere I've gone. I guess most folks just don't notice. I use a Crossbreed holster with a Kimber 1911, and I do tuck the shirt in around the package.

hermannr

Here in WA we do annual picnics, annual camp-outs, meetings at the state house when there are bills of interest (OK may not be able to do that one), weekly meetups at various Starbucks... There is nothing "in your face" about it. Never caused problems, never had problems.

If/when you have a LE interaction, ask them..."have you ever seen a felon OC?" then tell them to think about it.

Last edited:

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
Please follow our page on Facebook to learn more about organized events such as picnics and litter clean-ups we will be hosting around the state. We already have two organizational meetings scheduled and there will be many more to come. We are holding these meetings so that we will be well organized by November 1st and ready to begin the educational and desensitization process throughout the state, not only with the citizens, but with law enforcement agencies as well. Hopefully some of you will be able to attend our organizational meetings and even help us set up a local meeting for the MWC area! We would like to keep this movement as organized as possible and present a united front all across Oklahoma.

www.facebook.com/opencarryok

Stay tuned for more meetings and our website which will hopefully be active soon.