• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Beach OC Lunch or Dinner?

Glockster

I was just going back through many pages and couldn't find the last thread for an OC get together in Virginia Beach (or surrounding area). So perhaps it's time for one? Anyone interested in getting together? Anyone recommend a good OC friendly place for that -- Village Inn I think was OC friendly. Personally I'd prefer a lunch as it's easier for me to get away for that than a dinner.

Glockster

Just call it, people should show up.

Depends on when it is, I am not leaving far from the house next week unless my CHP comes in... 32 days..zzzzzzzz Monday makes it 35 I hope by 23rd I have it...

I would be happy to just call it but not having yet ever been to one around here I'm not aware of what places they've been held at, which ones to avoid, which are better, etc. If anyone has suggestions, am happy to hear them. The only place that I have a recollection of their having been some at was Village Inn....but that could be old news.

My own first choice would be to simply pick a date next week or the one after for a lunch.

ocholsteroc

I would be happy to just call it but not having yet ever been to one around here I'm not aware of what places they've been held at, which ones to avoid, which are better, etc. If anyone has suggestions, am happy to hear them. The only place that I have a recollection of their having been some at was Village Inn....but that could be old news.

My own first choice would be to simply pick a date next week or the one after for a lunch.

Village Inn is a big place we meet, I remember 10+ sometimes. Theres also Primo's Pizza, in VB. There is a Mexican restaurant next to the Armory where I ate with my uncle once, no problems there.

Those two places are the big ones,
also is Olive Garden and Carrabbas.

Last edited:

Glockster

Village Inn is a big place we meet, I remember 10+ sometimes. Theres also Primo's Pizza, in VB. There is a Mexican restaurant next to the Armory where I ate with my uncle once, no problems there.

Not familiar which Armory you're referring to?

I do know that the Sunrise Pizza on Virginia Beach Blvd. has always been extremely OC friendly whenever I've been there, and have had conversations with the owner about OC.

RandyVA

I live close to that place. It is called El Camino Real. I'd also be interested in a lunch/dinner since I am new to the forum.

MagiK_SacK

My vote is the village inn they have good pie! Lunch/dinner is fine but if you do lunch and want a good turnout I would suggest sticking to the weekend.

MagiK_SacK

I say the 26th after the gun show! 3or4pm or so @ village inn!

Just so you know that is the same weekend as the strawberry festival in pungo. I personally have that fully booked with the festival then the gun show. If the time is right I could make that day. I just wanted to pht it out there about the festival just as an overall consideration.

Glockster

Just so you know that is the same weekend as the strawberry festival in pungo. I personally have that fully booked with the festival then the gun show. If the time is right I could make that day. I just wanted to pht it out there about the festival just as an overall consideration.

I've also got the gun show - will be manning a both Saturday until 5pm. It's a busy weekend schedule and I would be better off trying for lunch on Friday for example.

GreatDaneMan

26th is a no go here. I am closing. For me my schedule is flippy floppy so i need 1.5-2 weeks notice unless we get a miracle and i happen to be off.

Dont plan around me specifically but just adding my info to the pot.

ryan7068

I'm definitely down. The last one I had planned to attend locally I had to ditch last minute unfortunately.

Since gunshow volunteering may typically be an issue, can most of ya'll make it to a weekday diner? I'd say the best turnout would be around where norfolk chesapeake and vb converge to make it simple for most.

GreatDaneMan

I'm definitely down. The last one I had planned to attend locally I had to ditch last minute unfortunately.

Since gunshow volunteering may typically be an issue, can most of ya'll make it to a weekday diner? I'd say the best turnout would be around where norfolk chesapeake and vb converge to make it simple for most.

Agreed. Centralize it. Hey....heres an idea. Franks's in South Norfolk on Bainbridge. GREAT subs, pizza, pasta, salads, etc. used to OC there all the time up untill Jan. SoNo isnt the greatest neighborhood but never had any problems in this shopping center.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-12820861-frank-s-pizza-chesapeake

Last edited: