Thread: how much of the handgun must be exposed to be considered "open carry"

, ,

how much of the handgun must be exposed to be considered "open carry"

I would like to know how much of the handgun must be exposed to be considered open carry and not brandishing...ex.. I like my inner waist holster because it doesnt make me feel a mile wide,now if i tuck my shirt exposing half of the handgun will i get gigged? when i ride my motorcyle i tuck my shirt in so it doesnt fly up my back...and i hate outer holsters..thus my question..hope this sounds somewhat clear lol thanks!

Plainville, CT
    In CT it does not really matter since with a permit you may carry openly or concealed. Partial exposure is not a crime and CT has no "brandishing" law.
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading -

North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    There is no definition of concealment or 'brandishing'. Also, 'brandishing' is not open carry.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues:

Eastern CT
    bran·dish   [bran-dish]
    verb (used with object)
    to shake or wave, as a weapon; flourish: Brandishing his sword, he rode into battle.

Carrying a properly holstered weapon (open or concealed) is not brandishing.

One of my favorite things about open carry is the comfort factor.