Thread: Cops shoot, kill New Bedford teen who stabbed police officer

Cops shoot, kill New Bedford teen who stabbed police officer

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/185...in-new-bedford

New Bedford residents are reacting to the fatal shooting of a teen accused of stabbing a New Bedford Gang Unit Detective on Thursday night.

Maclolm Gracia is accused of stabbing Gang Unit Detective Tyson Barnes multiple times using what is described by investigators as a hunting knife with a gutting hook. Detective Barnes is recovering in the hospital. The Mayor of New Bedford calls it a tragedy for the city.

Meanwhile, Gracia's family has remained reserved in their words.

"I want it to be known he was a good kid," said cousin, Danielle.

Witnesses near the scene at Temple Landing Housing Development describe hearing almost a dozen gunshots around 8:30 on Thursday night.

"When the gunshots cleared, I looked outside there was an officer literally on my doorstep you know holding his chest, looked like he had been stabbed," said a witness who would identify himself only as Andre. "There was a young kid on the ground maybe 15 feet away from the officer who was shot and killed."

The District Attorney says Detective Barnes, wearing plainclothes, approached Gracia and a friend, to talk with them. he says the teen stabbed Detective Barnes repeatedly.

Sutter says other police officers in the area ordered the teen to the ground, and when he refused, they fired six bullets.

"After being knocked to the ground following the shots, the assailant returned to his feet still armed with a knife and moved toward the officers," said District Attorney Sutter. "Officers again fired at the stabber, striking him and then knocking him to the ground."

In a terrible twist, Gracia's father was killed in a similar way back in August 2009.

Police confirm to FOX 25 that Gracia is the son of Joseph Ramos, who was killed during an altercation with Dartmouth Police in August 2009.

According to a 2010 article from the Boston Globe, an investigation by Sutter's office into Ramos' death found that police were justified in using deadly force against Ramos. Officers allege that Ramos, who suffered from a neurological disorder, jumped on an officer responding to calls from neighbors who complained about the 42-year-old's unusual behavior.

Investigators tell the newspaper Ramos was on top of the officer, pointing his hands in a stabbing motion toward his chest. Another officer then released his dog on Ramos. Once the dog was called off, Ramos allegedly approached the other officer who then shot him in the chest. Police claim they found a screwdriver in Ramos' hand.
    The family has filed suit in that case.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Def. some amazing parenting skills going on there, it seems..

And a few more officer who probably now wish thier Dept. would issue .45's instead of mandating .40s..

Maclolm Gracia is accused of stabbing Gang Unit Detective Tyson Barnes multiple times using what is described by investigators as a hunting knife with a gutting hook.
    ..."I want it to be known he was a good kid," said cousin, Danielle.
    ...The District Attorney says Detective Barnes, wearing plainclothes, approached Gracia and a friend, to talk with them. He says the teen stabbed Detective Barnes repeatedly.

Sutter says other police officers in the area ordered the teen to the ground, and when he refused, they fired six bullets.

"After being knocked to the ground following the shots, the assailant returned to his feet still armed with a knife and moved toward the officers," said District Attorney Sutter. "Officers again fired at the stabber, striking him and then knocking him to the ground."
    Why is it that "good kids" are good up until they go absolutely bonkers & stab police, bash someone's head against the sidewalk (with illegal drugs in his body), break into homes, participate in a gang beating...?

Or is it just that the relatives don't want to admit the person had some problems, made some bad choices, & that got him killed?

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Why is it that "good kids" are good up until they go absolutely bonkers & stab police, bash someone's head against the sidewalk (with illegal drugs in his body), break into homes, participate in a gang beating...?

Or is it just that the relatives don't want to admit the person had some problems, made some bad choices, & that got him killed?
    Yeah, stabbed him multiple times with a hunting knife with a gut hook. He was a good boy. Probably liked Reese's Pieces.
    watch your top knot !

Like father, like son.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Or a shooter who was arrested several times including assualting a cop among other arrests.
    If your trying to drag another story in at least state the facts not just the ones that suit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/185...in-new-bedford

snip

snip
    Sounds to me like he was hopped up on something...

Banned

Hate to see the bad kid in their family.