Thread: 4TH Annual Hopkins Lake Open Carry Picnic, 6/10

4TH Annual Hopkins Lake Open Carry Picnic, 6/10

Where: Gerald E. Collamer Park - Hopkins Lake
    Address: 1409 South M-52 (Shiawassee Street) Owosso, Michigan
    Date: Sun, 06/10/2012 @ 1:00pm

This is an annual event on the free fishing weekend, so the dates will change each year; but it will always be a Sunday event. Bring the kids and whole family.
    There are pavilions, fishing, volleyball, nature trail and hibachis. Sorry no swimming allowed.
    This event is open to the public and anyone who wishes to attend. So grab your picnic basket and tackle and come on out to join us for a picnic.

Hosted by: Jerry Brewer and Daniel Brewer
    This event represents no specific group except those who believe in the true freedom of the 2A right to self defense.

NOTE: Electric Motors ONLY; are allowed on Hopkins Lake.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-21-2012 at 03:19 PM.

So this is the 4th Annual Hopkins Lake event...

Dude...

How freaking old will you be when it is the 30th Annual Hopkins Lake event?

Never mind that.. how freaking old will your hat be?

See you there my friend.... maybe even for the 30th... God willing and the lake don't dry up.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Thanks Bikenut; I wasn't going to plan another one after the bad weather and low turnout for the last two; but my nephew insisted.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious of being OLD! No I don't plan on being here for a 30th.

The "HAT" was replaced last year and put on it's exalted place on the shelf.

I did however get a few questions at the rally about the new "HAT". I doubt it will garner the reputation the old hat did.

See you there my friend.

Barring any unforeseen problems, I'll be there!
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Barring any unforeseen problems, I'll be there!
    That's good to hear.

Let's see; don't know if I can count that high, so far, that's...uh..uh...oh... 5!

Thanks to whomever suggested the sticky...didn't even cross my empty mind.

This is for you Bikenut... the new "hat".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Con Rally.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	8493  

Quote Originally Posted by WARCHILD View Post
    Thanks to whomever suggested the sticky...didn't even cross my empty mind.

This is for you Bikenut... the new "hat".
    New hat... same old fart under it.

Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Yep, like the tshirt my friend got me... "I'm so old, I fart dust!"

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Yep, like the tshirt my friend got me... "I'm so old, I fart dust!"
    Dust or not they still don't smell so great, especially in the radio booth. I plan on being there.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

IIRC, you CAN open carry on a boat that is non-motorized, correct? without a CPL that is.

like say a canoe...kayak, row boat?
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Bump

5 more days and the weather shows sunny and 90...although this is Michigan

Bump

Tomorrow is the day. Supposed to be sunny and 90.
    I hope to see some "old" and "new" faces there.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Cool In like Flynn!

Tomorrow is the day. Supposed to be sunny and 90.
    I hope to see some "old" and "new" faces there.
    Myself & a more reputable OCer (Michigander) shall be in attendance.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

My special thanks to all who came to the picnic. Good food, good people, good time as always.

I hope for the same (or better) next year.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Picture please! They're easier on the eyes than all of this small print.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Sorry, no pics. Batteries in my camera were dead and I didn't know it. Don't know if anyone else took pics or not.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Thanks to Warchild for planning this.

We had over 35 people there and a few new people that came to learn more about OC... I talked with a young man and I think convinced him to give OC A TRY WITH BABY STEPS. He was worried about all the attention it might draw. Assured him that that fear is common, but not anything to worry about as most people don't notice or don't care.

Nice to see all the old friends and OC pros.

All in all not bad, except for the 90 degrees, though in the shade with a breeze it wasn't too bad.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Despite the 90 degree heat today's get together was good fun. Got to see old friends and meet new ones. Got to have some fun picking on Venator but there isn't much of a challenge there so I got bored and moved on to picking on Warchild. But seeing a Rossi Ranch Hand (with custom engraving) chambered in .44 mag carried in a custom made holster was really neat!

Another thing that is very good to see were the several ladies open carrying. If open carry is ever to become totally mainstream it will be because the ladies begin doing it in large numbers because....................... it's hard to go against something your Mom or wife likes to do.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Despite the 90 degree heat today's get together was good fun. Got to see old friends and meet new ones. Got to have some fun picking on Venator but there isn't much of a challenge there so I got bored and moved on to picking on Warchild. But seeing a Rossi Ranch Hand (with custom engraving) chambered in .44 mag carried in a custom made holster was really neat!

Another thing that is very good to see were the several ladies open carrying. If open carry is ever to become totally mainstream it will be because the ladies begin doing it in large numbers because....................... it's hard to go against something your Mom or wife likes to do.
    True wisdom here folks

Side note -

It was great to be in such good company today. Another win for OC.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington