• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4TH Annual Hopkins Lake Open Carry Picnic, 6/10

WARCHILD

Where: Gerald E. Collamer Park - Hopkins Lake
Address: 1409 South M-52 (Shiawassee Street) Owosso, Michigan
Date: Sun, 06/10/2012 @ 1:00pm

This is an annual event on the free fishing weekend, so the dates will change each year; but it will always be a Sunday event. Bring the kids and whole family.
There are pavilions, fishing, volleyball, nature trail and hibachis. Sorry no swimming allowed.
This event is open to the public and anyone who wishes to attend. So grab your picnic basket and tackle and come on out to join us for a picnic.

Hosted by: Jerry Brewer and Daniel Brewer
This event represents no specific group except those who believe in the true freedom of the 2A right to self defense.

NOTE: Electric Motors ONLY; are allowed on Hopkins Lake.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bikenut

So this is the 4th Annual Hopkins Lake event...

Dude...

How freaking old will you be when it is the 30th Annual Hopkins Lake event?

Never mind that.. how freaking old will your hat be? :shocker:

See you there my friend.... :lol: maybe even for the 30th... God willing and the lake don't dry up.

WARCHILD

Thanks Bikenut; I wasn't going to plan another one after the bad weather and low turnout for the last two; but my nephew insisted.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious of being OLD! No I don't plan on being here for a 30th.

The "HAT" was replaced last year and put on it's exalted place on the shelf.

I did however get a few questions at the rally about the new "HAT". I doubt it will garner the reputation the old hat did.

See you there my friend.

WARCHILD

Thanks to whomever suggested the sticky...didn't even cross my empty mind.

This is for you Bikenut... the new "hat".

Attachments

• Con Rally.jpg
    Con Rally.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 138

WARCHILD

My special thanks to all who came to the picnic. Good food, good people, good time as always. :banana:

I hope for the same (or better) next year. :D

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Thanks to Warchild for planning this.

We had over 35 people there and a few new people that came to learn more about OC... I talked with a young man and I think convinced him to give OC A TRY WITH BABY STEPS. He was worried about all the attention it might draw. Assured him that that fear is common, but not anything to worry about as most people don't notice or don't care.

Nice to see all the old friends and OC pros.

All in all not bad, except for the 90 degrees, though in the shade with a breeze it wasn't too bad.

B

Bikenut

Despite the 90 degree heat today's get together was good fun. Got to see old friends and meet new ones. Got to have some fun picking on Venator but there isn't much of a challenge there so I got bored and moved on to picking on Warchild. :lol: But seeing a Rossi Ranch Hand (with custom engraving) chambered in .44 mag carried in a custom made holster was really neat!

Another thing that is very good to see were the several ladies open carrying. If open carry is ever to become totally mainstream it will be because the ladies begin doing it in large numbers because....................... it's hard to go against something your Mom or wife likes to do.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Despite the 90 degree heat today's get together was good fun. Got to see old friends and meet new ones. Got to have some fun picking on Venator but there isn't much of a challenge there so I got bored and moved on to picking on Warchild. :lol: But seeing a Rossi Ranch Hand (with custom engraving) chambered in .44 mag carried in a custom made holster was really neat!

Another thing that is very good to see were the several ladies open carrying. If open carry is ever to become totally mainstream it will be because the ladies begin doing it in large numbers because....................... it's hard to go against something your Mom or wife likes to do.

True wisdom here folks :dude:

Side note -

It was great to be in such good company today. Another win for OC.