Thread: We need to get our terminology straight- its HUMAN rights, not GUN rights

We need to get our terminology straight- its HUMAN rights, not GUN rights

I posted this in response to the Con Carry thread, but I believe the concept is much more important then that-

We've been duped into using the terminology by the forces of darkness- its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights we're fighting for. Guns have no rights, humans have the right of self preservation. It's about our inalienable rights- life, liberty and happiness. Life demands the means to sustain it. Just was we demand safe drinking water, we demand the ability to defend ourselves against those who would deny us our inalienable right to LIFE.

So, its the restoration of our HUMAN rights we seek.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    I posted this in response to the Con Carry thread, but I believe the concept is much more important then that-

We've been duped into using the terminology by the forces of darkness- its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights we're fighting for. Guns have no rights, humans have the right of self preservation. It's about our inalienable rights- life, liberty and happiness. Life demands the means to sustain it. Just was we demand safe drinking water, we demand the ability to defend ourselves against those who would deny us our inalienable right to LIFE.

+1 MILLION

I have bee pushing the use of the term "civil rights" vs. just gun rights, but I believe your idea to be even better.
    I missed you yesterday somehow. I was one of many carrying a unmentionable here... but my choice of a really small caliber probably made me easy to identify.

Just can't handle the weight of carrying the 30 cals anymore ......Don't get old kids it's not fun
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Herr Heckler Koch
    You are correct. However human rights include rights that some gun rights activists would disparage, thus blunting and splintering this rights advocacy community. Divide and conquer. United we stand, divided we fall. Compromise is failure on the installment plan particularly in opposition to ignorance.

Here is a link to a great write up by 'User' from the Virginia forum, that hits the nail on the head quite squarely:

http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ub...un_#Post257378

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    You are correct. However human rights include rights that some gun rights activists would disparage, thus blunting and splintering this rights advocacy community. Divide and conquer. United we stand, divided we fall. Compromise is failure on the installment plan particularly in opposition to ignorance.
    While it is great to get everything you want always, honestly life does not work that way for the majority of us. Compromise is far better than no movement towards our goals. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush any day of the week. I agree that unless we learn to stick together on whole, we are a house devided & thus open to any unified attack from those who would see us all on our knees.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Thumbs up

Well said Shadow Bear!
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Here is a link to a great write up by 'User' from the Virginia forum, that hits the nail on the head quite squarely:

http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ub...un_#Post257378
    Great article, recommended reading for everyone!
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)