• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need to get our terminology straight- its HUMAN rights, not GUN rights

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I posted this in response to the Con Carry thread, but I believe the concept is much more important then that-

We've been duped into using the terminology by the forces of darkness- its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights we're fighting for. Guns have no rights, humans have the right of self preservation. It's about our inalienable rights- life, liberty and happiness. Life demands the means to sustain it. Just was we demand safe drinking water, we demand the ability to defend ourselves against those who would deny us our inalienable right to LIFE.

So, its the restoration of our HUMAN rights we seek.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Agreed!

I posted this in response to the Con Carry thread, but I believe the concept is much more important then that-

We've been duped into using the terminology by the forces of darkness- its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights we're fighting for. Guns have no rights, humans have the right of self preservation. It's about our inalienable rights- life, liberty and happiness. Life demands the means to sustain it. Just was we demand safe drinking water, we demand the ability to defend ourselves against those who would deny us our inalienable right to LIFE.

+1 MILLION

I have bee pushing the use of the term "civil rights" vs. just gun rights, but I believe your idea to be even better. :D
I missed you yesterday somehow. I was one of many carrying a unmentionable here... but my choice of a really small caliber probably made me easy to identify. :(

Just can't handle the weight of carrying the 30 cals anymore :( ......Don't get old kids it's not fun ;)

H

Herr Heckler Koch

You are correct. However human rights include rights that some gun rights activists would disparage, thus blunting and splintering this rights advocacy community. Divide and conquer. United we stand, divided we fall. Compromise is failure on the installment plan particularly in opposition to ignorance.

Blk97F150

Here is a link to a great write up by 'User' from the Virginia forum, that hits the nail on the head quite squarely:

http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/257378/Personal_Defense_Rights_v_Gun_#Post257378

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
You are correct. However human rights include rights that some gun rights activists would disparage, thus blunting and splintering this rights advocacy community. Divide and conquer. United we stand, divided we fall. Compromise is failure on the installment plan particularly in opposition to ignorance.

While it is great to get everything you want always, honestly life does not work that way for the majority of us. Compromise is far better than no movement towards our goals. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush any day of the week. I agree that unless we learn to stick together on whole, we are a house devided & thus open to any unified attack from those who would see us all on our knees.

:eek:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

detroit_fan

Well said Shadow Bear!