• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads OC Dinner 6-6-2012 7pm Village Inn Virginia Beach

Mechman

Looking forward to it!

Hello everyone! Sorry for not checking in with you all over the past few months...I am planning on being at the dinner.

ryan7068

yaaaaaaah!:banana: I have been able to adjust my schedule to allow me to make it. I will be there. woot woot!

logan_zugg

Well I was going to come but turns out I have watch and can't make it.. Sorry guys was l was looking forward to meeting everyone! Next time!

MagiK_SacK

I don't know if you have been keeping count ocholsteroc but for me it will be me plus 3.5. the point 5 is my kid :)

45acpForMe

Had a great time talking to everyone. I made it home before most of the construction on I64 kicked in. Ahhh the construction season is upon us.

MagicSack, tell Dean that this is the holster I got for the FNH FNP-45.

ZD-HT-001BG31Z0 DeSantis Right Hand - Black Basketweave - Lined - Thumb Break Scabbard (3 Slot) 001BG31Z0 $69.99

http://www.opticsplanet.net/desanti...ed-thumb-break-scabbard-3-slot-001bg31z0.html

The Airframer

It was great getting to meet everyone, I thoroughly enjoyed it! I hope to do it again sometime and see yall out and about carrying! I'm going to have to bring the family back to the Village Inn! The food was awesome and the staff was incredible, an overall great experience.

-Billy

ocholsteroc

Went to go shoot before dinner at supeior and didnt realize the range is closed for renovations -(

Yup :-( I drove down 15mins to old A&P and got a hour in.

pics to big to upload here so I made an photobucket account and you can view the two photos here. Please save them for yourself.

It was good to finally meet you Dan.
Glad we had a good turn out, some didn't make the photo as they left. Good to meet everyone.

http://s1164.photobucket.com/albums/q573/ocholsteroc/

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

Last edited:

Bubba Ron

Great turnout...

We had a very good turnout tonight - over 20 folks I think! Dave (Village Inn GM) asked me to thank everyone and said we are all welcomed back ANYTIME!! And our waitress, Melissa, was terriffic!!! Thanks to ocholsteroc for the pictures too...

kord

I should have signed up for this forum sooner. Could have had a nice meal, and on free pie day too.

I talked to superior (on va bh blvd) yesterday and they said they "hope" to have the range open this Monday or Tuesday

45acpForMe

I should have signed up for this forum sooner. Could have had a nice meal, and on free pie day too.

I talked to superior (on va bh blvd) yesterday and they said they "hope" to have the range open this Monday or Tuesday

Welcome! I know personally the incredible disappointment when I miss free pie!!! :) I missed the last dinner there but made this one.

Don't worry we will schedule another dinner there sometime. We typically have one or two a year there. You can also go by yourself on a Wednesday for free pie day while OC-ing. :)

45acpForMe

I can never make these southside dinners :( but it's awesome to see the great mix of familiar and new faces! :)

DrMark, we sometimes car pool which both saves gas and money but also gives us about 90 minutes of additional conversation on the way there and back. :) If you see me post and want a ride simply PM me. KimberCarrier and 6L6GC and I have carpooled in the past. If I don't have something to do for my kids I can stay longer but this dinner I had to leave around 8pm to get back and get my kids from their activities.

I have meant to make a Richmond dinner but my schedule seems to always interfere and they schedule them about 120 minutes away. :-(

A peninsula OC dinner will probably pop up soon too if your schedule simply won't let you get to the southside. :)