• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's up with the misinformation about OC laws in New Mexico?

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
And if you're stunned by this stupidity, please realize that it's a recent development that you could carry at all, even licensed concealed, at any place that sold alcohol. Before that recent change to the law, you committed a felony in NM if you walked into a grocery store that sold beer, even if you didn't know they sold beer, while carrying concealed (with a license).

New Mexico is a great state, but they do not have the "great Southwest" attitude about liberty. They're especially hinky about alcohol.
Those statements are factually inaccurate. NM alcohol establishments have always been required to post signs in large red letters stating carrying a firearm into there place of business was a fourth degree felony. As to our laws being stupid - maybe you'd like to come to our legislature with me and show me how it's done to fix them to suit you..

The alcohol law changed in 2007 - you call that a recent change? Five years makes it an established law. Those of you from our of state always seem to have problems understanding our laws. It's not because they're much problem - it's because you understand your state laws fine and they're just not the same.

As to the OP stating they are mislead regarding our laws by store owners and LEOs, I suggest you actually try to READ our laws so you understand they are NOT misleading you. Bottom line - you committedd a felony in NM. You got away with it. I would work hard at not telling every one on the planet about it on an open forum.

Steve Aikens

Last edited:

usmcmustang

A lot of people don’t “get” TigerLily. They don’t perceive or appreciate where it is she is “coming from.” All they see is some “nut job” who isn’t “rational” or “practical”.... or "law abiding" for that matter. That’s because they are looking through “lenses” of rationality and practicality that have been “prescribed” to them by the “doctors” of deceit and fabrication… our government, its officials (elected and/or appointed) and the main stream media. These “doctors” would have everyone believe that government and all its trappings (laws and such) is the answer to societal problems, when in fact, government is the main contributor, and more often than not the instigator, of the vast majority of the problems. The government’s answer to everything is more restrictions on individual liberties and more “programs” to address societal shortcomings. No amount of “fixing” the government through voting or reform is going to change that ever encroaching practice. It’s well established and beyond “fixing,” no matter the political party in power or individual “do good” politician. It is “government,” all be it a “government of the people, by the people, and for the people.” Being a collective part “of the people,” INDIVIDUAL freedom is and has become of less importance (and increasingly of far less importance) to “the people,” and certainly to the government, than was ever intended. That’s where TigerLily is coming from… just in case anyone out there was “misunderstanding” her. Her purpose and intent, although perceived by many as irrational and impractical, is to put all this “in the face” of those who she believes are “sleep walking.” Wake enough “sheeple,” she believes, and there will be a ground swell of realization that government is the problem, offering little, if any, real solutions, while depriving all, ever so democratically, of individual freedoms.

AH.74

A lot of people don’t “get” TigerLily. They don’t perceive or appreciate where it is she is “coming from.” All they see is some “nut job” who isn’t “rational” or “practical”.... or "law abiding" for that matter. That’s because they are looking through “lenses” of rationality and practicality that have been “prescribed” to them by the “doctors” of deceit and fabrication… our government, its officials (elected and/or appointed) and the main stream media. These “doctors” would have everyone believe that government and all its trappings (laws and such) is the answer to societal problems, when in fact, government is the main contributor, and more often than not the instigator, of the vast majority of the problems. The government’s answer to everything is more restrictions on individual liberties and more “programs” to address societal shortcomings. No amount of “fixing” the government through voting or reform is going to change that ever encroaching practice. It’s well established and beyond “fixing,” no matter the political party in power or individual “do good” politician. It is “government,” all be it a “government of the people, by the people, and for the people.” Being a collective part “of the people,” INDIVIDUAL freedom is and has become of less importance (and increasingly of far less importance) to “the people,” and certainly to the government, than was ever intended. That’s where TigerLily is coming from… just in case anyone out there was “misunderstanding” her. Her purpose and intent, although perceived by many as irrational and impractical, is to put all this “in the face” of those who she believes are “sleep walking.” Wake enough “sheeple,” she believes, and there will be a ground swell of realization that government is the problem, offering little, if any, real solutions, while depriving all, ever so democratically, of individual freedoms.

What a load of crap.

I don't give a rat's behind where she's "coming from." She came in here and spouted off about misinformation when SHE was the one misinformed. She also accused people of being wrong, when they were not.

That has nothing to do with politics or being "in the face". And none of us are sleep-walking. I might say she is the one who is doing that, going riding around without checking the local laws first.

If she had bothered to do her homework before jumping on her bike and heading out, this thread would not have been necessary.

usmcmustang

And none of us are sleep-walking. I might say she is the one who is doing that, going riding around without checking the local laws first.

Uh... yes, you are. You still have allegiance to "local laws." You obviously "believe in" those "local laws" and have a penchant for obeying them... you are a "slave" to them is what TigerLily would say perhaps. You "love" what government does and how it restricts your personal choices of when, where, and how to "behave" yourself. You and others like you are the "sleepiest" of the "sleep walkers," destined for eternal "sleep" perhaps.

KBCraig

Uh... yes, you are. You still have allegiance to "local laws." You obviously "believe in" those "local laws" and have a penchant for obeying them... you are a "slave" to them is what TigerLily would say perhaps. You "love" what government does and how it restricts your personal choices of when, where, and how to "behave" yourself. You and others like you are the "sleepiest" of the "sleep walkers," destined for eternal "sleep" perhaps.
Maybe you should let TL speak for herself. Oh, wait, she already did:

Rode my motorcycle from Utah to Texas open carrying (except in TX) - see this vid to see what misinformation was given to me by a business owner and a small town marshal.
She obviously studied some of the laws, and believed in them, and was a slave to them, as far as OC in Texas goes, else why not OC in Texas too?

She was under-informed about the limits of OC in New Mexico. She tried to correct people who were, in fact, already correct, and she was wrong.

If TL wants to make her motto "Damn the law, I'm carrying anyway!", then she should do that. It's hard to rally under that flag with someone who argues the law, though, especially when they do so incorrectly.

AH.74

Stop polluting our forum with this utter crap.

Yes, I obey the law. Not doing so would make one a criminal.

You have no grounds to accuse me or any other here of that garbage. What complete nonsense.

usmcmustang

Stop polluting our forum with this utter crap.

Yes, I obey the law. Not doing so would make one a criminal.

You have no grounds to accuse me or any other here of that garbage. What complete nonsense.

We here in America come from a long line of criminals then, don't we? As a matter of fact, we revere our "criminal" ancestors as "founding fathers," as I recall.

Pollution - The presence in or introduction into the environment of a substance or thing that has harmful or poisonous effects.

One man's meat is another man's poison. Vive la difference !!!

Ya'll are too "easy."

TravisNM

Okay, would "everyone" please "chill" out for just a "minute"? We "all" are on the "same side", aren't "we"? Something "something" and then "something else" with a blah blah "blah". Quote "quote" quotation "mark" and disobey the "law" stuff...quote.

PS - Remember when Britney Spears went crazy, shaved her head, everyone pointed and laughed, and then we had the kid on YouTube crying and pleading for everyone to "leave Britney alone"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc Yeah, this thread just went "there". quote quote """ " "" OMG quotes everywhere!! """

AH.74

We here in America come from a long line of criminals then, don't we? As a matter of fact, we revere our "criminal" ancestors as "founding fathers," as I recall.

Pollution - The presence in or introduction into the environment of a substance or thing that has harmful or poisonous effects.

One man's meat is another man's poison. Vive la difference !!!

Ya'll are too "easy."

And you are acting like an ass.

The way to change things is to do it legitimately, through legislation. That means current laws in place must be obeyed until they are changed. That does not mean you and "TL" have justification to come in here and insult we who obey the law, as we must do as responsible citizens.

What you and "TL" are advocating is breaking the law. And that never gets anyone anywhere but into trouble. Is that what you are saying we should do? Break the current laws just to make a statement?

awnuts

And you are acting like an ass.

The way to change things is to do it legitimately, through legislation. That means current laws in place must be obeyed until they are changed. That does not mean you and "TL" have justification to come in here and insult we who obey the law, as we must do as responsible citizens.

What you and "TL" are advocating is breaking the law. And that never gets anyone anywhere but into trouble. Is that what you are saying we should do? Break the current laws just to make a statement?

Yes breaking the law gets you in jail. But it also gets you attention to promote your cause and radio show.Theres the crux of the bisquit.TL stops being vocal and doing crap to get noticed she fades into the distance. I'm begining to think its not about open carry its about her image and noteriety.TL has stated that she wants no laws and laws are stupid and cops all suck. An activist with anarchy attitude. Is this what we want in our community? I'd rather see TL go save the whales then even think shes a voice for us.I agree with AH laws need to be changed by vote and legislation.Its the right and legal way of life.

awnuts

Its not a matter of loving the laws, its a matter of following the laws.No ones a slave and only an idiot would break laws to go to jail.The serious issue of carrying a gun is for people that are not criminals nor intend to be.There is an inherent responsibilty to carrying and laws to follow.And people that think like TL and probably yourself are scary.Theres a mutual trust implied by OC amongst users and truthfully I wouldnt feel safe with people of your type.Keep testing the borders of law and be sure to leave a mailing address of your jail so we can continue.

awnuts

Thanks for the compliment.

Wasnt a compliment.People with the hardcore screw the govt,break the law and cops suck attitude are trouble and scary.I wont hang out with them type or support such a negative. I want changes just as anyone else but theres a right way to get them. We need to lead by example and show the non carrying or anti gun people that we are not a danger and not a bunch of whacked out gun toting idiots.What TL and you supporting her is against a positive way of showing ourselves.This is also whats scary and defeats the cause.This website was designed to promote open carry and to bring correct information to the masses. Not to promote some radical radio show online and try to prove a personal agenda.

Jared

Tigerlilly still has her video up implying to the whole world (the whole word includes the Attorney General's Office in Santa Fe) that she committed a felony in New Mexico.

She was wrong on the law and has not tried to save face.

This entire thread displays stupidity at it's best.

By the way, people can rant and rave about oath keepers or whatever, but Steve Aikens is actually the only person in New Mexico who has done A TON for the 2nd amendment in the state.

Steve Aikens = explaining what the situation is in New Mexico

Tigerlilly= putting a felony on youtube for the whole world to see.

ManInBlack

I like a lot of what TigerLily does, and am surprised that she has not retracted her "misinformation" claim. Yes, the laws are unconstitutional, stupid, and they suck, but that doesn't change the fact that it was her who was unaware of them, not anyone else...

I'm more confused than anything.

Super Saiyan

You should go OC in New York City...since you're, you know, apparently not a "sheep," "sleep walker," "slave" etc. Let us know how that works out for you. :rolleyes:

Super Saiyan

Tigerlilly still has her video up implying to the whole world (the whole word includes the Attorney General's Office in Santa Fe) that she committed a felony in New Mexico.

She was wrong on the law and has not tried to save face.

This entire thread displays stupidity at it's best.

By the way, people can rant and rave about oath keepers or whatever, but Steve Aikens is actually the only person in New Mexico who has done A TON for the 2nd amendment in the state.

Steve Aikens = explaining what the situation is in New Mexico

Tigerlilly= putting a felony on youtube for the whole world to see.

Well, certain individuals seem to make it a habit to post embarassing, nonsensical drivel.