• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

N.C. Teacher Tells Student He Could Be Arrested for Talking Badly About Obama

J_Oliver

Are we talking about kim il sung here? Emperor Obama? I don't think so. I think as long as conversation stays away from plotting, simply criticizing the president is NOT a crime in any way. I think certain people are monitored more closely than others, but that's mostly people that publicly criticize obama and have the funds and resources, or arsenal to need monitoring anyways. I talk about him all the time, both good and bad. It's our right to freedom of speech. I think said teacher needs an education course in laws where the president is concerned. Her views and opinions have no place in the classroom. Stick to the curriculum.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

62 Caddy

This will be pulled off soon because it is off topic, but the teacher is a student of Stalin and Mussolini, freedom of speech must be stopped. I’m proud to know that my Governor, and her Lieutenant Governor, is proposing a tax increase to put more money into this fine education system.

Captain Spankz

Hah that teacher gave me a good laugh, my favorite part was... "Do you know that not every time you get arrested they don't always read you your rights?". She keeps saying it till the kids just accepts it... I bet there is only 1% of cases where a cop doesn't read someone their rights along with the only other time would be if a terrorist is caught and that's just because they don't have any rights!

Oh well hopefully our teachers and schools will improve else I'm glad I got my early education when I did.

KBCraig

This will be pulled off soon because it is off topic, but the teacher is a student of Stalin and Mussolini, freedom of speech must be stopped.

I think she's more a student of Jackson and Sharpton, but your larger point about squelching freedom of speech still stands, despite her mentors. :D

WTFOVER

Hah that teacher gave me a good laugh, my favorite part was... "Do you know that not every time you get arrested they don't always read you your rights?". She keeps saying it till the kids just accepts it... I bet there is only 1% of cases where a cop doesn't read someone their rights along with the only other time would be if a terrorist is caught and that's just because they don't have any rights!

Oh well hopefully our teachers and schools will improve else I'm glad I got my early education when I did.

Unless your asking "quilt" seeking questions your rights don't have to be read to you. That statistic is more like 95% of the time your rights aren't read to you.

Fallschirjmäger

The back and forth continued and the most strident of the two students reminded his teacher that President Bush was constantly treated to negative statements about him while he was in office:
“Whenever Bush was president, everybody talked sh-t about him.”
To which the teacher responded:
“Because he was sh-tty.”

Ahhh... so some emperors are more equal than others; got it.

ManInBlack

...and this is why my children will never go to a government mind-laundry.

Expecting public school employees to teach our children the proper relationship between the citizens and the State is to expect what never has been and never can be.

ETA: Here is the number for the school system. If you don't like what you saw in the video, feel free to call them and politely let them know what you think.

Rowan-Salisbury School System
PO Box 2349, Salisbury, NC 28145
Phone: 704-636-7500

Last edited:

Captain Spankz

Responding to WTFOVER,

Alright then let me be more specific. If you are ever arrested and the police or arresting agency wants to use any answers or information they gather from you in court to be trialed against you they must read you your miranda rights. I'm not trying to get into a speculation discussion on possibilities of when it might be forgotten or not said.

If you get pulled over for a DUI and get arrested and are not read your rights it's because they don't need to. They have all the evidence to prosecute you without interrogation. So put shortly my statement wasn't suppose to be "everytime" someone goes to jail they are read their rights like on tv or movies but the actual cases that require it.

FN-FAL

Unacceptable Behavior

This woman has no right to speak to a student that way, teachers have lost sight of the fact that they are there for the students not for their agendas!
If this was my child there would be a HUGE SH** storm falling down on this school and district.

I for one will be calling on Monday Morning and letting them know just what a piece of work this racist twat is.......

"TWO in the head! That's what I tell all my boys"

WTFOVER

Responding to WTFOVER,

Alright then let me be more specific. If you are ever arrested and the police or arresting agency wants to use any answers or information they gather from you in court to be trialed against you they must read you your miranda rights. I'm not trying to get into a speculation discussion on possibilities of when it might be forgotten or not said.

If you get pulled over for a DUI and get arrested and are not read your rights it's because they don't need to. They have all the evidence to prosecute you without interrogation. So put shortly my statement wasn't suppose to be "everytime" someone goes to jail they are read their rights like on tv or movies but the actual cases that require it.

There again, it all depends on what's being asked. The USSC has ruled that certain questions are normal to ask and not considered "quilt" seeking, such as "how much have you had to drink," etc. And your rights are read to you in the Intoxilyzer room, or it can not be given.

Skinnedknuckles

the only other time would be if a terrorist is caught and that's just because they don't have any rights!

Captain, Hopefully, we still believe someone is innocent until proven guilty. If we can make one exception (he is a terrorist so he doesn't have any rights) we can make other exceptions (he is a gun toter so he doesn't have any rights). The Patriot Act attacks the rights of all Americans. I served (and friends died) to protect our rights (all of them, not just the ones I liked) and will continue to work to protect them. If one falls, they can all fall. On this Memorial Day we all need to remember that.

ArmySoldier22

Captain, Hopefully, we still believe someone is innocent until proven guilty. If we can make one exception (he is a terrorist so he doesn't have any rights) we can make other exceptions (he is a gun toter so he doesn't have any rights). The Patriot Act attacks the rights of all Americans. I served (and friends died) to protect our rights (all of them, not just the ones I liked) and will continue to work to protect them. If one falls, they can all fall. On this Memorial Day we all need to remember that.

I think he's referring to terrorists caught in the act "which there have been a few". If there does need to be a trial to determine if said person is guilty of terrorism, then so be it. I'm all for innocent until proven guilty. But once it has been proven that someone is guilty, then I think Captain is right on with his thinking. If the terrorists on 9-11 had been caught in the act before they accomplished what they set out to do, I'd be all for them being extradited and tortured for information, and put down afterwords.

Skinnedknuckles

I think he's referring to terrorists caught in the act "which there have been a few". If there does need to be a trial to determine if said person is guilty of terrorism, then so be it. I'm all for innocent until proven guilty. But once it has been proven that someone is guilty, then I think Captain is right on with his thinking. If the terrorists on 9-11 had been caught in the act before they accomplished what they set out to do, I'd be all for them being extradited and tortured for information, and put down afterwords.

Innocent until proven guilty is still innocent until PROVEN guilty. And what is the defiinition of terrorism? Is it the same today as it was in 1999? Will it be the same tomorrow? NC has the famous "going armed to the terror of the public" statute. If you are charged with that ("caught in the act" as determined by the LEO's we are all so proud and trusting of) does that make you a terrorist with no rights of citizenship? Terrorism is the new "easy charge" and with the Patriot Act you don't even get the chance to challenge the charge. You can be locked up and held indefinitely without being charged. This happened in Germany, it happened in Russia, it happens today in Iran and Syria and shamefully here in the US. As you say, there "have been a few" and a few who were locked up without charges for years were finally detemined to be completely innocent of terrorism after losing years of their lives. I swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States, and that Constitution includes Due Process, the right to trial by your peers, to face your accusers in open court, and Habeas Corpus. I'm ashamed of some of the laws that have been passed "to protect us" by the "only ones".

THERE ALWAYS NEEDS TO BE A TRIAL! Otherwise we are not the United States of America, and the next door that is knocked in in the middle of the night could be yours or mine.

Captain Spankz

Skinned I too serve in the forces and fight to protect the same things you have. Like I said in an earlier post I am not trying to start a debate on when people must have their rights read and when not nor whether someone is a terrorist and wont get a trial by jurors instead of being sent to prison... My original point was that if a cop needed to read someone their rights they would.

This off topic of nit picking words on who could or isn't a terrorist, moral values or 100 year old understanding of law is what I wanted to avoid. Remember the point on hand about this teaching yelling her personal views onto children trying to have their own voice.

Skinnedknuckles

This off topic of nit picking words on who could or isn't a terrorist, moral values or 100 year old understanding of law is what I wanted to avoid. Remember the point on hand about this teaching yelling her personal views onto children trying to have their own voice.

I’m sorry to have helped drive this off topic, and terrorism is off topic here. However on a forum dedicated to protecting our Constitutionally protected rights a statement that someone has none of those rights before they have been proven to have violated any law is fair game to me, leading to my first post.

ArmySoldier22’s statement that someone should be “tortured for information, and put down afterwords” without a trial (or even w is not what I swore to protect, and is a statement I can never let stand unchallenged. If we are willing to accept that it can be “ proven that someone is guilty” without a trial, we have lost.

You are correct, the focus should be on a poor teacher who quashes students trying to learn to think for themselves. I feel lucky that I had more teachers who challenged me to think than I had punishing me for thinking (but I am old "and things were different then":rolleyes:). I'll try to stay on topic in the future.

ManInBlack

Perhaps you should be extradited and tortured before you can do something dangerous with your GUNS!!! :uhoh:

Sorry, but this isn't Minority Report. The correct procedure is offense (actual offense, against actual persons, property, or liberty), arrest, indictment, trial, conviction, sentence.