• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

With Friends Like These...

xxx.jakk.xxx

Actually saw this in another section of the OC forum. They're part of the CC only crowd. They don't see anything good about OC... They don't like the Activism aspect, don't believe in any tactical advantages and believe that you'll just die instantly if anything were to go down. I'll OC or CC depending on the situation, but I'm no "Expert" so I probably don't know the right way to carry anyways. @_@

Bill Starks

State Researcher
the bearded dragon goes on to say that he is against OC unless it is the only way to carry but his friend condemned the folks in Calif for their only method of carry.....

Schlepnier

These dimwits forget the most basic advantage to open carry-deterant.

They also don't like people making political statements yet thats the very thing they are doing. hypocrasy at its finest.

My rights cannot be curtailed simple to make somebody else more comfortable about themselves.

If we applied their failed logic to some of our other constitutional protections aside from sirearms the argument falls flat on it's face.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
My interaction with Pincus on F*** Book:

FU for saying stuff about OC! One of the owners of FB renounced his US citizenship and went to Singapore. You should join him to discuss 2A rights over there.

2 hours agoRob Pincus
you seem angry.

17 minutes agoCharles Story
Yes, I am angry that you would look down on how somebody feels on how to carry in a legal manner. At least you didn't call us "idiots" like Nugent. I carry for the way I dress, if cold I wear a jacket, if not I OC. I don't degrade people who CC, I just say carry legal. Nothing personal, but I'm upset with one of the owners of FB who renounced his citizenship. rant/vent complete.

14 minutes agoRob Pincus
Oh. Well, no, I said "ass clowns", not "idiots"... in regard to the people who choose to carry that was as a political statement.
In regard to people who think it is a better way to carry a protective firearm, I think they are wrong... my business is about educating people. That's what I do. Simply "being legal" isn't enough....

Complete loss of respect. My DVR is about to have a lot more space after I finish deleting his shows.

DamonK

Wait, that toolbag has a show? Good grief. I watched a few of his other videos, just to get a feel for where he's coming from. All I can say is toolbag. Clearly got out of one of the branches of the military at some point and realized that he wasn't qualified to do anything but play Army. Know it all people like that really grate on me.

decklin

I've seen some of James yeager's videos on YouTube. Can't say I'm a fan. He makes some really dumb comments.
1911's suck.
All guns should be Glocks.
Pistol grip shotguns with no buttstock serve no tactical advantage cause you can't aim them. In fact even a pistol grip shotgun with a buttstock serves no tactical advantage.

The guy is more annoying than informative.

Dain Bramage

Last edited by 1911er; Yesterday at 05:35 PM. Reason: if you cant say something nice you shouldn't say anything

Now if only Rob and James had this philosophy. Don't suppose they'd have much of a show, then.

OC is a small group, but gun-owners in general don't like pinheads. I think R & J just outed themselves. Enjoy the ride boys!

sudden valley gunner

I find in Hippy liberal Bellingham I get more grief from the CC only crowd than anyone else (well except for cops, but they have left me alone and moved on to John)

skiingislife725

Now now guys, they're just not comfortable enough to come out of the closet just yet. In their videos, they carry just like us...90% OCing and sometimes concealing.

Seriously though, when it comes to JUST gunfighting, I think those two are some of the most innovative and realistic. 1911s DO tend to suck when compared to a Glock/M&P/XD. Pincus will even refund the course and ammunition costs if your 1911 makes it through a two-day class (he says about 10% of the 1911's make it overall and 100% of the sub-compact 1911's have failed).

But then they close their minds to open carry. Yeager I'm not as surprised with...he's a hardhead. But Pincus seemed so open-minded and intelligent when it comes to everything else. Was going to do his class in July in Chehalis but he's moved down on my "training classes to take" list.

sirpuma

Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and it usually stinks to most everyone else. Their views on OC are just that, THEIR opinions. They have no scientific proof to back them up. The whole Comiefornia issue happened not because people OCed their empty sidearms but because the population elected a bunch of anti gun commies into office.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Interesting enough there is as much of the open carry crowd that are as critical of concealed carry and they are of open carry.
I would hope it would reach a point to where carry is the primary concern and the mode of carry is just that mode of carry.
There are pro's and con's of both, but to be over critical of the two modes of carry does no one any good and quite often splits position as to rights.

Who has not heard someone refer to the concealed carry group as criminal carry or the open carry group as in your face attitudes, neither should have it's place when talking rights.

Last edited:

jsanchez

Those guys really made me mad but hey its freedom of speech. I'm open minded and I'm going to research these guys alittle more before I make any conclusions.

tombrewster421

Interesting enough there is as much of the open carry crowd that are as critical of concealed carry and they are of open carry.
I would hope it would reach a point to where carry is the primary concern and the mode of carry is just that mode of carry.
There are pro's and con's of both, but to be over critical of the two modes of carry does no one any good and quite often splits position as to rights.

Who has not heard someone refer to the concealed carry group as criminal carry or the open carry group as in your face attitudes, neither should have it's place when talking rights.

I would agree that name calling has no place when talking about rights. But you have to admit that most of it comes from the CC side. I know very few OCers that don't also "criminal carry" when the weather is poor. Since we do carry CC also, I think we can call it whatever we want. Kind of like when dark skinned people call each other derogatory terms in an oh so loving way.
"What's up my N&)(@"
(please note sarcasm)
It actually irritates me that they think it's ok to use terms like that just because they are what they're referring to, no matter what group we're talking about.

Rob Pincus irritated me the first time I heard him on Armed American Radio. He basically thinks that if you OC you're doing it primarily for political activism. And therefore we are nothing but ignorant morons. I'm not really sure how he can't see that we're simply carrying for the same reason he is. To protect ourselves and loved ones. It just happens to come with the benefit of deterence, and standing up for our rights.(and his)

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I would agree that name calling has no place when talking about rights. But you have to admit that most of it comes from the CC side. I know very few OCers that don't also "criminal carry" when the weather is poor. Since we do carry CC also, I think we can call it whatever we want. Kind of like when dark skinned people call each other derogatory terms in an oh so loving way.
"What's up my N&)(@"
(please note sarcasm)
It actually irritates me that they think it's ok to use terms like that just because they are what they're referring to, no matter what group we're talking about.

Rob Pincus irritated me the first time I heard him on Armed American Radio. He basically thinks that if you OC you're doing it primarily for political activism. And therefore we are nothing but ignorant morons. I'm not really sure how he can't see that we're simply carrying for the same reason he is. To protect ourselves and loved ones. It just happens to come with the benefit of deterence, and standing up for our rights.(and his)

As to Rob Pincus statements are his and not mine. It has been my opinion for years that training has some good and some bad, take the good and leave the bad as you will benefit from it.

When open carry and people feeling it has a "benefit of being a deterrent" is an assumption that many like to tie that rope to, while deterrence comes in many aspects as we go about our daily lives. Many on here proclaim that they never had encounters or negative encounters as their open carry side arm is never really noticed and with this in mind it would have no effect as being a deterrent.

This is more of a my truck is bigger then yours and my car is the best, why would you want anything else?

tombrewster421

As to Rob Pincus statements are his and not mine. It has been my opinion for years that training has some good and some bad, take the good and leave the bad as you will benefit from it.

When open carry and people feeling it has a "benefit of being a deterrent" is an assumption that many like to tie that rope to, while deterrence comes in many aspects as we go about our daily lives. Many on here proclaim that they never had encounters or negative encounters as their open carry side arm is never really noticed and with this in mind it would have no effect as being a deterrent.

This is more of a my truck is bigger then yours and my car is the best, why would you want anything else?

Oh come on. I carry a Glock. Not some fancy engraved 1911.;) bout the only thing uglier than a Glock is a hi point.

I've seen some of James yeager's videos on YouTube. Can't say I'm a fan. He makes some really dumb comments.
1911's suck.
All guns should be Glocks.
Pistol grip shotguns with no buttstock serve no tactical advantage cause you can't aim them. In fact even a pistol grip shotgun with a buttstock serves no tactical advantage.

The guy is more annoying than informative.

pistol grip shotguns cant aim? thats odd mine must be broken then.
i set up targets all around my buddies yard and can shoot them on the first trigger pull with almost no missing ever. thats what i love about my 870 i dont have to look down the barrel to know where the bullet is going to hit. i also skimmed threw some of his videos i can say that i have never watched him before tonight and after tonight im never going to watch him again.

OC for ME

OC is a 'political statement' first and foremost, as it should be.

If OC is not a political statement, then it would either be completely illegal or so common that LE and 'regular folks' never give the OCing citizen a second look let alone a second thought.

OC is a political statement, just don't be a asshat about making your political statement.